Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded perfectly :thumbsup:
Haven't taken it to 7200 yet :doh: right at 'fun time'.. rain, rain, rain :frusty:

You Sir have the skillz to pay the billz :hail:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I've heard n20 with the stock manifold is having tune issues. Supposedly an upgraded manifold with it is much more effective. I forget what size shot it was when people run into an issues. Damn. I want to say over 75. Maybe someone else can confirm

Sponsored

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Shouldn't be a problem with a wet system.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Yeah but damn that cobra jet looks so cool!

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
How accurate is the track app 1/4 mile timer?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
How accurate is the track app 1/4 mile timer?
Not accurate at all, you have to be on perfectly straight road no going up a hill or even down hill, also tires are sometimes different heights so that effects it too. You may run down a road that appears straight but it's got a slight uphill climb and it reads 13.0 at 106 and you say what the hells wrong with the car. Go to track next day run low 12s at 115 + cause it's straight

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Care to share? :cheers::thumbsup:
KN filter /Mishi tube
Pypes mufflers
E85 tune
Hoosiers on the rear, 20" wheels up front (makes me look like a newb)

All else stock in terms of power. No weight removed other than trunk mat / pump.

This is mid 11s all day.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Not accurate at all, you have to be on perfectly straight road no going up a hill or even down hill, also tires are sometimes different heights so that effects it too. You may run down a road that appears straight but it's got a slight uphill climb and it reads 13.0 at 106 and you say what the hells wrong with the car. Go to track next day run low 12s at 115 + cause it's straight
Sticky like glue drag strip vs normal tarmac? You can't compare these two.

Also, who takes the measurements up or down-hill?

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Sticky like glue drag strip vs normal tarmac? You can't compare these two.

Also, who takes the measurements up or down-hill?
Your not understanding what I meant. You can do 1000 runs with the track apps and it will never tell you exactly what your car will run in a true quarter mile drag strip with is flat. No ones stupid to do up or down hill what the point is if your going down a highway doing these pulls , it will never be 100 % flat where as a drag strip is designed flat. A drag strip is a drag strip , you get a flat smooth surface every time, it's designed that way. A highway moves up and down with the elevation ,when your on so it can look flat but your going up a few feet or more and don't realize it . You can do the quarter mile track app but it's not accurate at all. Never will be. Tire size effects the app too. if you have aftermarket wheels and tires it throws it way off . Seen it happen with friends . My friends car runs 12.0 in quarter but the track app always says 13.1 , with strong hook on his drag radials and the flattest highway we could find. Impossible and he's on race star 17 inch wheels skinnies front and rear drag radials

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Actually, it's the opposite mate...you do not.

Quarter is a quarter mile 402,336 meters - no matter where on the moon or on mars. So are we trying to measure a "quarter time" or "drag strip time"?
If your friend's car runs 12 at the track it means it runs 12 in reality, if it runs 13 with the track apps on the street it means he can do around 13.2 on the street - simple. Because it sucks on the street. Does it mean we can't race outside the drag strip? Hell no! Your car will spent 95% of it's life on the street so for me the street time is more important.

Drag strip can improve your time drastically.

If I ever put aftermarket wheels I can easily reprogram the size with ForScan for free. Tire size should be programmed correctly otherwise your ABS and TRACTION CONTROL may not work properly.
Sponsored