Sponsored

Wanna Race?

482supersnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I picked up my Shelby about a month ago and it is my daily driver. On a pretty consistent bases there seems to be someone who wants to race. 40* and wet out, guy in a Camaro revving up beside me.:shrug:

Today I'm stopped at a stop light and a guy in a WRX pulls up beside my and starts trying to get me to race. I'm trying to eat a sandwich, see who is calling me on the phone and shift gears so I'm not interested. He goes flying off about 60mph in a 40mph and is about a 1/4 mile ahead of me when I see a white SUV off to the left behind some tree's. He goes past the SUV and it is a county sheriff with his lights on pulling the WRX over.:doh:

It can be a little hard at times to exercise some self control but the last thing I need is a ticket or to end up like someone from a cars and coffee video.
Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I picked up my Shelby about a month ago and it is my daily driver. On a pretty consistent bases there seems to be someone who wants to race. 40* and wet out, guy in a Camaro revving up beside me.:shrug:

Today I'm stopped at a stop light and a guy in a WRX pulls up beside my and starts trying to get me to race. I'm trying to eat a sandwich, see who is calling me on the phone and shift gears so I'm not interested. He goes flying off about 60mph in a 40mph and is about a 1/4 mile ahead of me when I see a white SUV off to the left behind some tree's. He goes past the SUV and it is a county sheriff with his lights on pulling the WRX over.:doh:

It can be a little hard at times to exercise some self control but the last thing I need is a ticket or to end up like someone from a cars and coffee video.
I think it was the sandwich that saved you.... ;)

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
DUDE, is this not the truth?!?!? Since I got this car, it’s been ridiculous. And it’s the most ridiculous cars acting a fool too. I think they like the car and just want to see you go fast so they can see and hear it...or thus I like to tell myself. Other mustangs have been the worst for me also. And it’s not the nice ones either. It’s always some dude in a piece of shit, that didn’t wave (I wave at every mustang), that wants to act a fool.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
In my experience, folks are few and far between that know the capability of the current 350. Those that do, want to see and hear of what it's capable. Most recently, I had a guy at a stop light (in a Taurus) tell me he liked my car. When the light turned green, he sped away temping me to gun it. City streets during go-home time...I didn't.

Sponsored

Dexter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Lol, I've noticed the same thing. WRX's, 350z's, Focus's, it's hilarious. But I agree, other Mustang drivers have been the worst.

I'm not 18 anymore and besides little do they know that most of the time I have 2 young kids in the car with me.

RyanR3KC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
When I had the 1LE it was always douchers in F-250s that would want to go to light to light...Duramax and Cummins guys would do the slight nod in recognition.

Now that I have the GT350...it's the same douchers in F250s except now they're grinning like they just fucked a cat.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just let it roll off. What happened is exactly why you exercise self control. You never know who's watching, law enforcement or otherwise.

Around me, cars aren't a huge deal but there's some hardware out there for sure. But I cannot tell you how many people have come up to me and said something along the lines of "So YOU own that car!" Don't want to do something that would peg me as a douche bag.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I had a crappy lowered 4 door 90s Accord with a turbo whistle try to get me to mess around on the highway. I slowed down and let him go. I'm all for a quick blast when it works, but the laws here are too strict on "racing". I'd hate to lose my car because I stepped on it for a couple seconds when a LEO was watching.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Must vary by area, because I've never come up against this with my 350 or any of my other fun cars. Or, it could just be that I'm an old guy and clueless to the queues. I never get the hot chicks making comments, either, so maybe the problem is me??? :shrug:

Sponsored

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
Agree with the statement "just let it roll off." Not worth getting yourself or anyone else on the road hurt, and possibly ending up on Youtube making an ass of yourself.

Remember.....just about everyone with a smart phone is quick to start recording when they see a street race, and many are already recording when they see a rare car around them.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My GT350 got a lot of attention wherever I went.. seems like everyone want to race, minivans, pickup trucks, Honda Accords, etc. Other sports cars too. 20 years ago I may have considered it, but not now. If they want to feel good about accelerating faster at a light against my car, I could care less. :)

tjbrowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R -HR773
My first Mustang was an '87 GT back in high school. The stupid sh*t I did with that car.....lucky to be alive today.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I had an E46 M3 set up with KW Clubsports, Brembos front and back, and some other track goodies. Not that quick in a straight line, but absolutely fearsome in the turns. Whenever someone wanted to street race, I'd roll down my window and tell them I'd pay them $1000 if they could do a faster lap than me at my local race track. That would shut them up. Any knucklehead can press an accelerator pedal and drive a car in a straight line (well, except for a certain few BMW and Mustang drivers at Cars n' Coffees...)
Sponsored