OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
To my WA friends, does anyone have issues with the accelerator being extremely touchy so when you take off (Auto) My foot creates a jerky take off like a Learner in a manual :) ??
Sponsored

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
I have no issue with acceleration but god that brake is touchy. Took a while to get used to it.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I have no issue with acceleration but god that brake is touchy. Took a while to get used to it.
IT'S ALMOST LIKE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE PEDALMAX BOXES INSTALLED THAT MAKE THE THROTTLE SUPER FAST AND TOUCHY..

Sorry about cap locks :)

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
To my WA friends, does anyone have issues with the accelerator being extremely touchy so when you take off (Auto) My foot creates a jerky take off like a Learner in a manual :) ??
How long have you had the car for?

Mine was like this at first, before 600kms, then after it drove smoother. I think you have to break the gearbox and clutch in a little at first.

If it is still doing it I would ask the service guy to take it for a drive and see if they think it is any different to other stangs that come in for a service.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
IT'S ALMOST LIKE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE PEDALMAX BOXES INSTALLED THAT MAKE THE THROTTLE SUPER FAST AND TOUCHY..

Sorry about cap locks :)
hahah I've got a pedal max and mine doesn't even do it. I guess it helps having a MANual transmission ;-P

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
How long have you had the car for?

Mine was like this at first, before 600kms, then after it drove smoother. I think you have to break the gearbox and clutch in a little at first.

If it is still doing it I would ask the service guy to take it for a drive and see if they think it is any different to other stangs that come in for a service.
Agreed, mine was a bit the same early on.

It still happens (and is more obvious) in S mode, or if holding gear in first - somehow first gear doesn't seem well suited to gentle/slow driving.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
I agree with Scott, don't think it likes slow take offs much but I think that improves the more you drive it too.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
It seems to be either become a little better OR Im learning how to drive it but It doesn't like to accelerate off slowly :)...she's a feisty gelding.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
Road surface can play a part in it too. If the road is a bit on the bumpy / uneven side you'll hop all over the place as you try to take off ( i think its your foot moving slightly up or down on the pedal ) . Definitely makes you sound like a learner driver on their first outing in Mums manual

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
You guys should try turning off the hill-start assist, and also running in Sport+, manual or Auto. Feels real smoothe that way....

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Road surface can play a part in it too. If the road is a bit on the bumpy / uneven side you'll hop all over the place as you try to take off ( i think its your foot moving slightly up or down on the pedal ) . Definitely makes you sound like a learner driver on their first outing in Mums manual
Lol...glad it's not just me.

S550GTRed5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah noticed that a few times just the initial take off. For me at least I've noticed your foot position or angle plays a part when you move your foot from the brake to the accelerator.

Personally the pedal arrangement needs some work on this car the height difference between the two pedals with the autos is a bit too much for my liking.

RTVgav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gav
Vehicle(s)
2017 Harrop Equipped Mustang
Is the owner of this Mustang with a newly fitted Harrop kit here?

RTVgav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gav
Vehicle(s)
2017 Harrop Equipped Mustang
Doubt it looking at that car
Why so? Pic is from Harrop WA Facebook page.

I was interested is speaking to the owner on his experience with this conversion and the company.
Sponsored