Victorian Mustangs

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Just did a google search for "dual bolt pattern rims"; I am now wondering if this is actually how the wheels were manufactured.

The Vehicle standards document has this to say on the subject of replacement wheels:
https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads..._LS_Tyres_Suspension_Steering_Nov_2015_v4.pdf
4.2.2 Wheel Attachment
Replacement wheels must be designed for the particular hub/axle and have the same bolt/stud
pitch circle diameter and the same centre location method. The wheel nuts or bolts must have
the same tapers as the wheel. Wheels with slotted bolt/stud holes must not be used.
Replacement aluminium alloy rims must be located on the hub/axle by the same diameter
centre spigot as the original wheel, using suitable adaptor rings where necessary.
Wheel nuts and bolts must have a thread engagement length at least equal to the thread
diameter, except where specified otherwise by the vehicle manufacturer.
Wheel spacers (or adaptors for dual wheel conversions) between the wheel mounting face and
the road wheel must not be used unless fitted as original equipment by the vehicle
manufacturer.
Modifications to disc brake callipers, hubs and suspension and steering components to enable
the fitting of replacement wheels must not be undertaken.
It does not specifically state that dual stud pattern wheels cannot be used (as opposed to slotted rims). It does state that the rim must be designed for intended bolt/stud pitch circle diameter.

Seems to comply with the vehicle standards... but I'd still steer clear of them! (pardon the pun)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Just did a google search for "dual bolt pattern rims"; I am now wondering if this is actually how the wheels were manufactured.

The Vehicle standards document has this to say on the subject of replacement wheels:
https://infrastructure.gov.au/roads..._LS_Tyres_Suspension_Steering_Nov_2015_v4.pdf

It does not specifically state that dual stud pattern wheels cannot be used (as opposed to slotted rims). It does state that the rim must be designed for intended bolt/stud pitch circle diameter.

Seems to comply with the vehicle standards... but I'd still steer clear of them! (pardon the pun)
I know the dual stud pattern wheels do exist but usually there is more than a few mm between the studs. Looks like a recipe for disaster!