Victorian Mustangs

RJ 27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2013, ml250 blue tec
Hi how much was your front and rear lowered by the install, any problems over speed humps and the like, thinking about lowering but only around 25mm if possible ,meanwhile my car is sitting in line at Baltimore waiting for its turn to go on aboard hopefully the next docking. Your car looks great by the way
Sponsored

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
Have fun everyone, next time for sure. That's the date my boat arrives.

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi how much was your front and rear lowered by the install, any problems over speed humps and the like, thinking about lowering but only around 25mm if possible ,meanwhile my car is sitting in line at Baltimore waiting for its turn to go on aboard hopefully the next docking. Your car looks great by the way
Thanks mate, I lowered it by 35mm front and 25mm rear, I think there is another car running this same set up but on stock rims. It should be in the vogtland thread.

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus

Sponsored

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Where? Just hailed on me in Daylesford!

Nice car, by the way :thumbsup:
I felt like some fish & chips so took a two hour ride to Cowes, Phillip Island ;). Kids finished their lunch and thought I might take a quick snap at the Nobbies, windy as hell, almost lost a door and a boot/trunk :headbonk:, but at least we had some sun. Then did the two hour back before the rain :thumbsup:.

Fair few Mustangs out on Sunday, saw a black vert, a guard with a super snake stripe (matt) along Stud Road, and a Race red filling up on S Gippsland Hwy.

Also had a red Ferrari and a yellow Porsche (with a number 25?) cruise beside me for a few km's on the way home.

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
So I recently had my Mustang lowered with a set of Vogtland Sport springs from [MENTION=23751]Vogtland Mustang[/MENTION]. I trusted Goodyear Autocare in Watergardens to complete the install as they are running a killer deal on springs installed for $775, they also have worked on many Mustangs and their owner has a beautiful Mustang of her own.

Whilst they were underneath my car I also had the BMR CB005 cradle lockout kit installed and BMR Vertical links as I was sick of axle tramp (wheel hop)

The springs have been in for about 3 days now and there is no noticeable comfort difference to stock, the car is lower but not too low so I am very happy.

As for the vertical links and lockout kit [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION], honestly these should be OEM parts, they are absolutely amazing and I have now recorded a 0-100 of 4.7 seconds. They make no sacrifice in ride quality and there is no noticeable NVH difference, I wish I had have installed these earlier.

I couldn't recommend [MENTION=23751]Vogtland Mustang[/MENTION], [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] and Goodyear Autocare in Watergardens highly enough I am thoroughly impressed. So if you are looking for a place to install at a great price and give you a great suspension alignment you should look nowhere else
Hi Aus-MustangGT,

I'm very interested in what you have done, and Watergardens is just down the road. Can you tell me what extra benefit the vertical links add over and above the cradle lockout kit? I can't figure it out.

Also, can you remember where you bought them??

The car looks great with your set-up.

Cheers

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Aus-MustangGT,

I'm very interested in what you have done, and Watergardens is just down the road. Can you tell me what extra benefit the vertical links add over and above the cradle lockout kit? I can't figure it out.

Cheers
I picked up the vertical links and the cradle lockout from lethal performance a while ago. I can't tell you what extra they can do over just the cb005 as I had them all installed together but it will obviously help stop flex and tighten the rear of the car. I can however say I have no wheel hop now which is just strange to be honest, my car is very predictable now, I know exactly how it will kick under load. For the exact benefit you should ask [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION]

I'd recommend just going with the cb005 and going from there as for where to buy it from. Jegsperformance on ebay sells it pretty cheap with shipping that isn't too expensive.

As for Goodyear watergardens, I couldn't ask for more to be honest. I always shop around for price and personnel before I do or buy anything on the car and they gave me an excellent price and were great to work with. I'm sure if you come to one of our mustang meets you will meet the owner

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Aus-MustangGT,

Cheers
I was rereading your post and I noticed that you have a mustang convertible, I don't believe a BMR lockout kit will work on your car

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I was rereading your post and I noticed that you have a mustang convertible, I don't believe a BMR lockout kit will work on your car
Thanks for that! Really appreciate you double-checking this for me. I've read that page a hundred times and never noted the bit about the convertible!

Having said that, I've just bought the kit!

I'm having a supercharger and full exhaust installed by Harrop Engineering soon.

I've decided to get the car lowered with their King springs (should give a similar drop to the Votgland), and will get them to install the BMR CB005 cradle lockout, not using the the fore-end lower cradle brackets but all the other components - BMR say it should be good: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32860&highlight=bmr+convertible and reports of owners are positive: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45247&highlight=bmr+convertible

I'll also get them to install the BMR TCA045 vertical links.

I'm following your lead, sort of! :hail:

I'll let you know how it goes! :) Hopefully all good, should be better than stock.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I'm not sure how many people are part of the Melbourne 6G facebook but this post was removed today. I won't get into the politics of it but it is something I don't agree with. I don't agree with a lot of things that happen on that page. The censorship is questionable.

A member bought rims from Motorsport Rims and Tyres and this is how they installed the rims on his car. It's outright dangerous and these people should be avoided.

3465jl4.png

x5e3w1.jpg

ryosaeba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White EB Black Roof and Stripes
What's the deal with that? The originals holes weren't aligned and they just made new ones?

Edit: Oh he bought 20" rims and they just "made it fit" by putting new holes in it. Not 20 feet rims lol

Last edited:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I'm not sure how many people are part of the Melbourne 6G facebook but this post was removed today. I won't get into the politics of it but it is something I don't agree with. I don't agree with a lot of things that happen on that page. The censorship is questionable.

A member bought rims from Motorsport Rims and Tyres and this is how they installed the rims on his car. It's outright dangerous and these people should be avoided.

3465jl4.png

x5e3w1.jpg
WTF ? That's a joke, surely ?

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Holy shit!

Wow... Just... wow!:frusty::eyebulge::shrug::crazy:

OP
OP
Aus-MustangGT

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Certainly not a joke, its a joke the post was removed. I just want people to be aware of this company.

I feel bad for the guy who purchased the rims, personally they aren't to my taste, but he was super excited and to be presented with rims that could possibly lead to you having a very serious accident. I would be fuming
Sponsored