Sponsored

Vortech V3Si kit noob questions

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
Yeah man i think I'm going to opt for the ID1050X injectors and the G3 but the G2 is a good chunk of money less. Multiple times I've been recommended now to get the G2 with G3 intercooler. Not sure i want to do the fuel pump. How bad was it to drop the tank?
I would just do the BAP for 93 octane. Don’t worry about the fuel pump. BAP is plug n play and super easy to install
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Ok perfect! Thanks for all the help! One last dumb question. Do i need any kind of cold air intake? I don't see one on the kit but i see a big air filter so I'm assuming that takes the place of the cold air box?

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok perfect! Thanks for all the help! One last dumb question. Do i need any kind of cold air intake? I don't see one on the kit but i see a big air filter so I'm assuming that takes the place of the cold air box?
No.. the kit comes with everything you need, silicone tube and the filter.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
700 wheel hp I'm assuming? And $800 ain't much to get more out of your V3... but if I'm at 700 wheel, i think I'm above my tolerance for more power at that point. At a certain point it gets too hard to control in the slower corners around a tight track. I want to be able to maintenance throttle through the softer corners and apex hard out of the sharper corners.
Yeah, 700 wheel, but that at 7,000 rpm, st 2,500 it wouldn’t be a lot more than stock. That’s also about what you are going to get out of pump gas, and you wouldn’t be able to take full advantage of E85 if it’s available to you. As long as you know the limitations of that kit and what you’d have to do if you ever wanted to upgrade.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, 700 wheel, but that at 7,000 rpm, st 2,500 it wouldn’t be a lot more than stock. That’s also about what you are going to get out of pump gas, and you wouldn’t be able to take full advantage of E85 if it’s available to you. As long as you know the limitations of that kit and what you’d have to do if you ever wanted to upgrade.
Yeah so I'm opting out of doing the OPG/CS for now. So if those let go then I'll rip the motor out, put it on a stand and rebuild with whatever needs to be upgraded. Near stock power at 2500rpm is fine. If that was a problem for me, i wouldn't be considering a centri s/c.

and as it turns out, you can simply trade up to the G3 or G4 later as you desire to do so. Can't get much better than that! So a G2 with G3 intercooler is fine with me on my bone stock gen 2 motor. Taking a gamble as it is, so might as well start easy and cheaper, then build up later. Getting injectors that can handle e85 but it's somewhat far away from me here. Next state over, not trying to go e85 all the time, but maybe someday have the option on my tuner to do so. If it costs me $3000 around then, so be it. Better than $10,000 today.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
not trying to steer you away from ESS there are some things in here that are not true or are misleading.

the ESS kit is less, but not half as much.

i know for sure on 2018+ (and I suspect for the previous ones as well) the JT blower is the standard blower on the kits (same as paxton 2200SL); so there would be no need for bracket change for the standard blower. The standard blower that comes with the kits doesn't top at 720hp. I have time slips that say otherwise.

If you want more with vortech you can go up to a V7YSIB or JTB (same brackets) that should be 1200ish to the wheel capable. The next unit up will require something custom, but that would be for 2000+hp. If you are looking for future growth with the same brackets, I think the procharger will be the best bet; some of thier bigger race units will fit.

Also, there is a trade in for vortech and procharger as well to upgrade head units. Probably not as much savings as ESS though. I agree Vortech is very overpriced in many ways, especially replacement parts. The kit price (all included fuel system, tuner, etc) will be close on all three with the ESS less.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
not trying to steer you away from ESS there are some things in here that are not true or are misleading. what are your thoughts on the truth of the cold weather warning? Do you have evidence to the contrary? Do the people whom said there is a cold weather warning have evidence to supprt their claims? If so, i haven't seen any.

the ESS kit is less, but not half as much. can get a ESS complete kit for $5600 less the tune, vortech v3 complete kit is about $9000 without the tune and both get you supercharger whine and over 600whp. If realistically, 600whp is my goal, why spend more? It may not be exactly "half" as i said, but after adding the tune and any other upgrades that come with the vortech that the ESS doesn't offer(in the G2 trim on pump gas), it's truly "half". 8rib belt, the torque upgrade BOV thing, etc if it's not "half" it's pretty dang close to "half".

i know for sure on 2018+ (and I suspect for the previous ones as well) the JT blower is the standard blower on the kits V3 JT? Or V7 JT? All i saw for JT was V7 The standard blower that comes with the kits doesn't top at 720hp. i figured this claim of limit to 720hp was either 720 wheel hp which I'm sure is still not true, but i disregarded that immediately because there's too many factors here anyway. Just the BOV factor for what springs you're using changes this statement entirely

If you want more with vortech you can go up to a V7YSIB or JTB (same brackets) that should be 1200ish to the wheel capable. The next unit up will require something custom, but that would be for 2000+hp. these numbers here are simply outrageous to me and are useless for a car i drive on the street more than anything else, but i hear you.

Also, there is a trade in for vortech and procharger as well to upgrade head units. good to know thanks

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Have you ACTUALLY spoken to beefcake on a quote? Highly doubt a vortech/paxton is $9000.
He hasn't given me a quote yet just information. Just stating the numbers on his website no discounts. And if I can't use it in cold weather, I'm screwed regardless...

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I believe the warning is below freezing, mine is not a DD, could not imagine driving in weather that cold. Hard enough to hook up on hot pavement. I also have climate controlled parking for it, so it stays between 65 and 80. There is a warning and I believe it is for tolerances. It never was a concern for me.

Was that apples to apples (injectors, bap, etc?). ESS I think is a direct to consumer, knocks out a bit of cost. But without retailers we wouldn't have speed shops. I see advantages to both. As mentioned call Terry for a price, it will be less than retail. ESS will still be less, but get everything you want on the first purchase as I think both discount heavily on packages.

V3JT is the Paxton 220sl, it is the standard vortech blower for the coyote. The V7 is a step up, and comes in JT, JTB, ysi, ysiB. I agree the numbers are outrageous for a street car and thought the same thing until it felt slow. I'd have went twins if I knew what I know now. I like the centri, but there is a limit. I do still think it is a good simple setup for the street that works really well. Unfortunately I have a sickness many on here also have, never enough. All of the centris out there will work well for what you want.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
I believe the warning is below freezing, mine is not a DD, could not imagine driving in weather that cold.
i can clearly tell you're from Texas with this one LOL and your addiction to more power. If i had the roads you have, I'd be starting with the highest possible kit i can get. Fact of the matter is up here in New England, you have about an 1/8 mile before you run out of road or there's someone in front of you doing 10mph under the limit. You can try to pass around blind corners but then you risk killing yourself or a small family...

And if you do manage to get around them it's only a matter of time until you run into the next one. Also, we have holes in the road that would swallow any lowered car. The frost heaves here are insane. Someday i plan to retire and move south but for now I'm stuck going "slow" with only 600rwhp. 🤷‍♂️

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Vortech Tuner kit, FIC or ID1050’s, BAP, Tuning, tuner, Plugs, with install would be around the 10k ballpark. I’d personally opt for a Paxton but that’s just my preference. We’ve worked on ESS kits as well, both I would state are equal to one another as far as power. I don’t like how you have to suction the oil out of the ess as the vortech and Paxton have a drain line. I don’t like the silicon either but that again is just preference. The power from an ess is actually pretty stout.

OP
OP
jmagnus87

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Vortech Tuner kit, FIC or ID1050’s, BAP, Tuning, tuner, Plugs, with install would be around the 10k ballpark. I’d personally opt for a Paxton but that’s just my preference. We’ve worked on ESS kits as well, both I would state are equal to one another as far as power. I don’t like how you have to suction the oil out of the ess as the vortech and Paxton have a drain line. I don’t like the silicon either but that again is just preference. The power from an ess is actually pretty stout.
from all the information i've gathered over the last couple weeks is that all 3 of these kits you mentioned are all very good and close in value. there are pros and cons to each kit, so one must simply decide what is best for them and their situation.
i have more learning to do before i am 100% ready to pull the trigger, and the oil thing is another thing that i have very limited knowledge on. there's so many facets to this that it's quite difficult to make a decision and to just place an order.
update on cold weather point: i've been assured that many Canadian mustang guys are using the vortechs up there and nobody has had an issue (that was brought to Beefcake's attention) provided they just simply let the car warm up for a little bit before going anywhere. i typically wait until i'm at 100°F cylinder head temp before moving anyway. anyone know if in the cold i should wait even longer?

and one last thing, please try to keep the thread about explaining information about the superchargers, regardless of brand. i really don't want the thread turning into this brand vs. this brand argument. I would really just like to know all the different facets that i need to know about, thank you all for your input thus far

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Yeah so I'm opting out of doing the OPG/CS for now. So if those let go then I'll rip the motor out, put it on a stand and rebuild with whatever needs to be upgraded. Near stock power at 2500rpm is fine. If that was a problem for me, i wouldn't be considering a centri s/c.

and as it turns out, you can simply trade up to the G3 or G4 later as you desire to do so. Can't get much better than that! So a G2 with G3 intercooler is fine with me on my bone stock gen 2 motor. Taking a gamble as it is, so might as well start easy and cheaper, then build up later. Getting injectors that can handle e85 but it's somewhat far away from me here. Next state over, not trying to go e85 all the time, but maybe someday have the option on my tuner to do so. If it costs me $3000 around then, so be it. Better than $10,000 today.
OPG and CS can be a polarizing point of discussion. On my GT I opted not to when I did the Whipple instal on my GT I wasn’t planning on super high rpm’s, bouncing off the rev limiter, installing a WOT box or 2 step etc, but the new motor I’m building for that car absolutely has them as does my GT350 that I did with its Whipple install.
Since you’re in an area that doesn’t have great E85 avalibility, you’re limited to 700-750 rwhp on 91 or 93 pump gas so you may want to size a supercharger that’s around 75-80% maxed out at that power level I really like the Paxton 2200\Vortech JT and I’d go with their upgraded intercooler. There is almost all Positive feedback on the ESS kits but the only firsthand experience I’ve had with them was I raced a guy that had one but he was pretty tight lipped about what was all done to his car.
as far as fuel injectors, there are a ton of options at varying price points, I like Injector Dynamics and have 1050x’s in one car and 1700’s in another and they are on the higher end of the price spectrum, the inexpensive DW’s that came in my GT and my F150 kits work just fine on pump gas.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible