Vortech JT for 15-17 Self Lubricated?

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
Been attempting to find the answer to this online but from what I've found it looks like they only offer the V7 JT for the '15-17 mustangs, and the V3 JT for the '18+. The V3 is self lubricated and doesn't require tapping into the oil pan, but the V7 does?

If anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.
Sponsored

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
V3 is self contained V7 is oil fed. V7 has different internals, it can handle much more rpm.

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
V3 is self contained V7 is oil fed. V7 has different internals, it can handle much more rpm.
Was hoping to get the JT but not really comfortable with tapping my oil pan. May just go with a P1X.
Thanks for the info 👍🏻

cbrtrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Was hoping to get the JT but not really comfortable with tapping my oil pan. May just go with a P1X.
Thanks for the info 👍🏻

I have the JT it's a good blower unless you have goals of over 900 rwhp but in that case I wouldn't get a P1X either. Just my opinion.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
V3 JT = Paxton, I ordered. Paxton and got the V3JT, found it is the same blower.

Sponsored

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
V3Jt is the paxton 2200SL. The v7Jt or JTb is a completely different ball game. Bigger housing, different internals. Engine oil fed so required a oil feed tap and drain into oil pan. If tapping the oil pan concerns you, don't think much of it. its actually easy when done correctly..

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
OP if your in Michigan Ill take you for a ride in my v3JT. There are a lot of misconceptions and underestimates on this blower ( V3JT and 2200SL). I have both and they are identical. Also, the oil slingers in the v3 were upgraded to be the same as the v7 I am told. If there is a blower that makes more power than these you don't want it on the street. These "little" blowers piss off a lot of hellcats and zo6's in the detroit area. With my white car leaning more towards a drag race set up, I may consider selling the v3 head unit and swiping he v7jtb unit in the for sale section right now.

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
OP if your in Michigan Ill take you for a ride in my v3JT. There are a lot of misconceptions and underestimates on this blower ( V3JT and 2200SL). I have both and they are identical. Also, the oil slingers in the v3 were upgraded to be the same as the v7 I am told. If there is a blower that makes more power than these you don't want it on the street. These "little" blowers piss off a lot of hellcats and zo6's in the detroit area. With my white car leaning more towards a drag race set up, I may consider selling the v3 head unit and swiping he v7jtb unit in the for sale section right now.
What area are you from? I’m near Ann Arbor.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm in Hartland just north of Brighton. About 40 minutes from downtown A2

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
I'm in Hartland just north of Brighton. About 40 minutes from downtown A2
We’ll have to meet up. I’d really like to hear that vortech. I’m on the fence between ProCharger and Vortech and the only thing leaning me towards ProCharger is I haven’t heard a vortech race bov and heritage gears in person and, this might sound stupid, but I’m afraid I won’t like how it sounds in comparison to the ProCharger.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
V3Jt is the paxton 2200SL. The v7Jt or JTb is a completely different ball game. Bigger housing, different internals. Engine oil fed so required a oil feed tap and drain into oil pan. If tapping the oil pan concerns you, don't think much of it. its actually easy when done correctly..
Not so much afraid of doing it, just looking for more of a “bolt-on” kit so it’s easy to turn back to stock when the time comes to sell the car.

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For sure anytime. The vortech is relatively quiet and I have the larger BV57 valve. I cant hear any of it over the Corsa LTH's and Sport exhaust. Don't think you will go wrong with either system honestly. The Vortech / Paxton kit was simple to install and even easier when you use the Shrader performance bolt that allows the belt to be changed as easily as the PC system. PM me when your ready, warm day will be the best for traction:)!

OP
OP
LunarS550

LunarS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT P1X ProCharger
For sure anytime. The vortech is relatively quiet and I have the larger BV57 valve. I cant hear any of it over the Corsa LTH's and Sport exhaust. Don't think you will go wrong with either system honestly. The Vortech / Paxton kit was simple to install and even easier when you use the Shrader performance bolt that allows the belt to be changed as easily as the PC system. PM me when your ready, warm day will be the best for traction:)!
For sure! Just need to get a few codes figured out and I’ll hit you up!

JDUBU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds good!

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
If you're in hartland, if i get to trailer my car up for woodward this year, we should meet up. I stay with my cousin who lives off hickory ridge in hartland. would be a good cruise! I grew up in garden city.
Sponsored