Sponsored

Virginia just halted non essential businesses closed for 30-60 days wow.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm expecting the MN governor to do the same thing. Very surprised that the Texas governor would do that. The only republican?
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I bet those Virginia dealers asking huge ADMs on their GT500s wish they had sold them.

I'm expecting the MN governor to do the same thing. Very surprised that the Texas governor would do that. The only republican?
Larry Hogan the Maryland governor is a republican and shut down non-essential businesses but car dealers made the cut.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
South Carolina hasn't shut down yet. 298 confirmed cases, 5 deaths. The last 2 deaths were elderly folks with underlying health issues. Horry County (Myrtle Beach) only has had 5 confirmed cases and 1 death. Sure hoping we stay this low.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm waiting for MN to shut down any day. Things just got real for me earlier today....

My employer has seen business drop to less than 50% of normal this month largely due to the crud and the panic surrounding it so to stem the bleeding and batten down the hatches, us essential folks are taking a substantial pay cut and are to work from home as much as possible. I'll survive, but all thoughts of any car upgrading are completely out the window....assuming things don't get even worse in more important ways.

To top it off, the first case of confirmed Covid-19 in town was announced today also. All on top of losing my stepson in February. Fate can take its dick out of our asses any day now.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Dave: I'm so very sorry about the loss of your boy. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that must be.

Hang in there and hey, it's just a dang car..WAY more important things to deal with as you said.

Best of luck.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dave: I'm so very sorry about the loss of your boy. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that must be.

Hang in there and hey, it's just a dang car..WAY more important things to deal with as you said.

Best of luck.
Thanks. It's been awful. Even more so for my wife, who has issues with depression as it is anyway. It all piles up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Someone explain how liquor stores are considered “essential” though....
medicated populace. When the wifebeaters are drunk they are less likely to march in mass on the capital and justifiably murder the useless bastards in political office. And if they do, they won't be able to figure out which of the 3 faces is the one to put in the center of the reticle. Plus state alcohol tax is a nice revenue stream.

Forget Corona, fear the tidal wave of stupidity of public office. It's far more lethal.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Some truth there, especially the last bit.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I bet those Virginia dealers asking huge ADMs on their GT500s wish they had sold them.
actually auto dealerships with service bays are 'essential'. Heh.
we should all patronize dealerships and test drive like there is no tomorrow.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Been suffering here in Joisey. Now...our vacation to Williamsburg in April just got canned!!

Time to work on the cars. Got mud flaps coming for the Edge ST this week. Beat the boredom!

CVcashmere

Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Sure hoping we stay this low.
Only way that’s a possibility—shelter in place for a few weeks, limit transmission and protect the highest risk population.
I fully support taking a aggressive approach and shutting things down for a few weeks.
It’s a fine balance, but we most definitely need to decrease the spread and severity while buying time to dampen the number of deaths.
-J

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Texas governor hasn’t done anything. Its all local option here in TX. San Antonio closes tonight at midnight. But the exemption list is pages long. All government, military and contractors are exempt as are car dealers and anyone associated with transportation, etc. Wine & liquor stores are considered grocery stores as they sell food.
Our business is exempt (IT-related) plus mostly military contracts. So we are 100% still at work here.
But the Alamo is closed!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Texas governor hasn’t done anything. Its all local option here in TX. San Antonio closes tonight at midnight. But the exemption list is pages long. All government, military and contractors are exempt as are car dealers and anyone associated with transportation, etc. Wine & liquor stores are considered grocery stores as they sell food.
Our business is exempt (IT-related) plus mostly military contracts. So we are 100% still at work here.
But the Alamo is closed!
Ah, that makes sense to me. Only the Democrats are trying to completely shut down the economy, as they think it might be advantageous to them politically.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Been suffering here in Joisey. Now...our vacation to Williamsburg in April just got canned!!

Time to work on the cars. Got mud flaps coming for the Edge ST this week. Beat the boredom!

CVcashmere
Can I see mud flaps on ST? Might purchase. You doing any exhaust mod?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ah, that makes sense to me. Only the Democrats are trying to completely shut down the economy, as they think it might be advantageous to them politically.
Doubtful. Could be they care or Maybe leverage for election because of the current administration’s lack of timely response and incompetency.
Sponsored