Sponsored

Videos: Mustang Design DNA Elements

Stealth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Found these videos uploaded by Ford on Youtube.

Six Generations Evolved, Ford Mustang Design DNA Still Shines Through

• Designers combine change and continuity to create an all-new 2015 Ford Mustang that is both contemporary and instantly recognizable

• From the shark-bite nose through the fastback profile to the tri-bar taillamps, the 2015 model is a fresh interpretation of Mustang

• Lower roof and wider hips enhance the visual muscularity and give Mustang a more athletic stance

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]
Sponsored

StangFX

Good videos, thanks for posting. Clearly Ford's answer to some of the "it doesn't look like a Mustang" rhetoric that you see online. Not that we got much of that on this forum.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Every time someone says that the 2015 doesn't look like a Mustang, I'm going to show them these videos.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I've said from the beginning that the 2015 Mustang has Mustang Written All Over It.

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Every time someone says that the 2015 doesn't look like a Mustang, I'm going to show them these videos.
I see the horse on the front, but this car is way bigger than any horse i've seen, mustang or clydesdale, it has wheels, not legs, the colors are all wrong for a horse...I don't know what you see, but this car from ford looks nothing like a mustang or any breed of horse I've ever seen.

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I see the horse on the front, but this car is way bigger than any horse i've seen, mustang or clydesdale, it has wheels, not legs, the colors are all wrong for a horse...I don't know what you see, but this car from ford looks nothing like a mustang or any breed of horse I've ever seen.

If we were all to be more accurate, we should be comparing the similarities/differences of the 2015 to the P51 Mustang (Airplane). That's where Ford pulled the name from!

KGrGunMan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
If we were all to be more accurate, we should be comparing the similarities/differences of the 2015 to the P51 Mustang (Airplane). That's where Ford pulled the name from!
Yea, you're right, there is a legitimate argument to be made that this car looks almost nothing like (P51) mustangs of the past.:doh:

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Cars don't look like planes unless they serve both functions (flying car), IMO. There is an aircraft theme in the gauges, aluminum, and cockpit layout.

If this Mustang is "way bigger than any horse you've seen", then the 2011+ must also meet that description. I love my 2013, but it looks and feels big. The lowered, squattier rear end just makes these look much better dimensioned to me.

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Ford Explains Why the 2015 Mustang Remains a True Mustang in Interactive Graphic

From the shark-bite nose through the fastback profile to the tri-bar taillamps, the 2015 model remains strongly related to its predecessors, while the lower roof and wider hips make it look more muscular than before.

To demonstrate how the 2015 Mustang stays true to its family design DNA, Ford devised an interactive graphic highlighting the key traditional styling cues that are carried over on the latest model.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/ford-explains-why-2015-mustang-remains.html

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yeah and I've seen some people saying the last true Mustang was the 90s Fox Body and that they are more of a Mustang then the 2015s....yeah try 0% DNA

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Hey don't crap on the Fox Body! There are some minor design cues in the Fox that account for more than 0% DNA. It's also the reason we enjoy the huge aftermarket today, and even the Mustang at all (I believe Ford was gonna replace it with the Probe until enthusiasts took to the mid to late years of the Fox in droves.) But one of the coolest things about the Fox (to those of us in the cult) is that it carved out its own identity. As much as I love some of the 94-present mustangs they are all similar looking in their rounded modern body style, the Fox is completely and totally unique looking (and very 80s). But yes I get why some detest the Fox. Won't change how I feel about it, hence my screen name.

As for the people claiming the 2015 isn't mustang I think they're crazy. I also think they're obsessing on the headlights. I guess they've forgotten the 99-04 new edge headlights, which are quite similar?

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I just think it's a silly argument in general.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yea, you're right, there is a legitimate argument to be made that this car looks almost nothing like (P51) mustangs of the past.:doh:
Cars don't look like planes unless they serve both functions (flying car), IMO. There is an aircraft theme in the gauges, aluminum, and cockpit layout.

If this Mustang is "way bigger than any horse you've seen", then the 2011+ must also meet that description. I love my 2013, but it looks and feels big. The lowered, squattier rear end just makes these look much better dimensioned to me.

I read a lot of sarcasm and dry humor in KGrGunMan's posts.
Sponsored