Sponsored

Vibrations through steering wheel, seats, & mirror...

OP
OP

Sixxcat1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If it's the differential, then that seems strange because both the non-Torsen and the Torsen equipped cars can have this mysterious vibration. :shrug:
Yes, I just found out the day I picked up this new GT, that my buddy in Albuquerque bought a 14 Eco about 6 months ago & had the exact same problem. He said Ford had the dealer replace the drive shaft, but the tech said it sounded more like the diff, so after the shaft was replaced, he said there was no change, so he had the tech switch out his gearing & problem solved.
Sponsored

SlowEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Just in case anybody is experiencing the same problem... my 15 Ecoboost PP (6,900 miles) was diagnosed with a bad drive shaft. I have a mild vibration at 50mph exactly and then it goes away if you go faster... then it comes back very loudly at 85+ and just gets louder the faster you go. The driveshaft is 2 days out so I will update if it solves the problem.

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
I've been having the same problem, but mine does it at idle as well. You can be sitting at a red right, and feel the vibrations in the seat, and see it in the mirrors. It resonates through the whole car. Driving, the mirrors are all but useless, as it makes everything appear fuzzy. Been to two dealers already, and they can't find the problem. I did a small video to show the vibrations of the car at idle.
[ame]

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've been having the same problem, but mine does it at idle as well. You can be sitting at a red right, and feel the vibrations in the seat, and see it in the mirrors. It resonates through the whole car. Driving, the mirrors are all but useless, as it makes everything appear fuzzy. Been to two dealers already, and they can't find the problem. I did a small video to show the vibrations of the car at idle.
Hey MaxInTx,

I see you were not able to address this with your CSM after the Field Service Engineer took a look at your vehicle. He stated the vehicle was operating under normal characteristics. Would you like to speak to your CSM about this? If so, is there a better time/number she can contact you at?

Deysha

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
I would love to!! She called me after I got my car and left me a voicemail, but I called back and I left two voicemails for her, and haven't heard a peep.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would love to!! She called me after I got my car and left me a voicemail, but I called back and I left two voicemails for her, and haven't heard a peep.
No problem, MaxInTx. I'll have her contact you today.

Deysha

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Thanks Deysha,
I heard back from the CSM. Basically she told me a field engineer looked at the car, and he states there is nothing wrong, and do not proceed with any repair. The constant vibration, the video and even my passengers noticing say otherwise.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thanks Deysha,
I heard back from the CSM. Basically she told me a field engineer looked at the car, and he states there is nothing wrong, and do not proceed with any repair. The constant vibration, the video and even my passengers noticing say otherwise.
Per your video in post #48, your engine does seem to idle rough. What happens if you rev the engine up to say 2000 or 2500 RPM during your hood up test?

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
When I'm at idle, you can feel the vibrations. I can put the car in N and just give it a little gas, maybe just bring the idle number up a couple hundred, hold it, and the car evens out. The vibration in the seats stops, and the mirrors have no vibration. Right now I don't recall what it idles at, but I will check again and post. I haven't tried at stand still what it does at 2000 or more, but again will try that tonight and report back.
But as soon as you take off, you really start feeling it, all the way to 90mph. It actually starting shaking pretty bad at 90 so I let off. Normal cursing, 70mph, mirrors are useless, fuzzy display, drivers seat just vibrating. No feeling in steering wheel. You can put you hand on the pillars and the vibration resonates through your arm. The passenger seat if empty, looks like a massage chair wildly vibrating.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
But as soon as you take off, you really start feeling it, all the way to 90mph. It actually starting shaking pretty bad at 90 so I let off. Normal cursing, 70mph, mirrors are useless, fuzzy display, drivers seat just vibrating. No feeling in steering wheel. You can put you hand on the pillars and the vibration resonates through your arm. The passenger seat if empty, looks like a massage chair wildly vibrating.
If you are on the highway and it's vibrating like you say above, what happens if you put the transmission in neutral and just coast with the engine at idle RPM? Does the vibration stay, change or basically go away? If it stays, then it's not the engine causing it the vibrations while on the highway, but rather the drive train.

Sponsored

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
so just did a little more testing. At idle and warmed up, the car runs about 625 or right in the middle of the 500 and 750 mark. Give it a little to about 7-750 cars evens out and there is no vibration felt. Rev and hold at 2000-2500 you can feel a slight vibration, but not like at idle. Cruising on the highway, putting it neutral and coasting really doesn't change, mirrors, seat, roof, you can feel the vibrations. Drove in D, sport mode, top up and down, no real difference, you can feel vibrations. Maybe it's me, but feels like its getting worse. Car now has 1520 miles on it. I did notice that sometimes when you let off the gas, the car feels like it's shaking itself off, kind of like a wet dog would shake water off, but it's only for a second or so. No weird noises that i notice.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Deysha,
You’re welcome, MaxInTx. I recommend you get a different opinion from another Ford Dealer. If you do, let me know what they say.

Deysha

MaxInTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT
Deysha,
Thanks again! That comment was after the second appointment. The first appointment balanced the tires, which did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. I am trying to make time, to set up a third appointment with a third different dealer. Meanwhile, the car sits in the garage, because I get angry every time I drive it.

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
The vibe max has sounds like an engine mount or transmission mount or shifter mount is broken and this is transferring engine/driveline vibrations to the frame of the car.

I say this because his vibration happens when the car is at a stand still.

Hope the dealership can figure it out.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Deysha,
Thanks again! That comment was after the second appointment. The first appointment balanced the tires, which did absolutely nothing to solve the problem. I am trying to make time, to set up a third appointment with a third different dealer. Meanwhile, the car sits in the garage, because I get angry every time I drive it.
Understood, MaxInTx. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Sponsored