• Total voters

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
All, I have a '19 Bullitt. It had an evap code, they replaced the sensor, which included them having to completely remove the rear axle, etc. Then it was slightly steering right at straight steering wheel. Brought it back, they said the back was tad out of alignment possibly after the axle being removed, so they realigned it.

Yesterday I swapped my winter wheel/tire set for the stock summer and noticed both of these on each side of the car. They don't seem like they hold the entire axle up, but definitely am questioning this...
Do I need to bring this back in, call the dealer, retighten myself? It's my first RWD and I don't know if that's an alignment bolt or what...
In the one picture that's got red circle (the bolts in question) the weight of the axle and its attachment point is the bolt in green circle, yes?

Thanks everyone!

Left side.jpg

Pic 1 - left.jpg

Right side.jpg
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
While you can certainly tighten them yourself, I would either inspect other bolts in the vicinity and/or just bring it back to the dealer to see what else they missed.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Depends on how far away from the dealer you are and if you want to deal with those people more and wait and wait and wait.

I'd probably just tighten them myself and send a nice email to the service manager, with pics.

I did that with my BMW that was returned to me with loose lug bolts on the front wheels after a new steering rack was installed. They were very apologetic, natch.

OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks all for your input. I kind of want to avoid taking the car back, the dealer is fairly close, but what a pain.

You guys will be blown away when I tell you that I have a dash cam and legit caught a fkn service guy taking it to a gas station across the street. I mean, short drive, but HELL NO.

The thing is, I got couple of Ford dealers near me, this one the guy is nice, but the people actually performing the work might not be... I don't want to have to feel like I gotta double check my car after they work on it every time...

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I would also make sure those bolts are spec'd as reusable. I bet they are not. I don't have access to my service manual to check right now.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Take it back and tell them to do their F-ing job. This is unacceptable.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I would also make sure those bolts are spec'd as reusable. I bet they are not. I don't have access to my service manual to check right now.
I've had them in/out several times. This is really not the issue. Leaving them loose is.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had them in/out several times. This is really not the issue. Leaving them loose is.
So what? If they are listed as single use in the manual why would you choose not to follow it? Over a few dollars for a couple bolts? Certainly if these were torque to yield you would (I don't think these are though).

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Have it towed back to the dealer, and call Ford.
There is no excuse for work like that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bit_the_Bullitt

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Take it back and tell them to do their F-ing job. This is unacceptable.
I don't disagree with you there. I'm teetering between not wanting to deal with them and wanting to get this done by pros. But was this done by pros? Makes me wonder.

Have it towed back to the dealer, and call Ford.
There is no excuse for work like that.
You're making me a tad scared about saying to tow it. I drove it to work this am, probably shouldn't have done that...
Can't really get it towed today, or you'd suggest I use roadside so I don't have to pay? Still got plenty warranty left.

I'm now even more worried to drive it home, I should be okay going slow I'd think?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Here's the deal. That plate is just there to put the big - ass subframe bolt in double shear. If the subframe bolt is tight, you're probably fine for light driving, but who knows what they did or didn't tighten?

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree with you there. I'm teetering between not wanting to deal with them and wanting to get this done by pros. But was this done by pros? Makes me wonder.

You're making me a tad scared about saying to tow it. I drove it to work this am, probably shouldn't have done that...
Can't really get it towed today, or you'd suggest I use roadside so I don't have to pay? Still got plenty warranty left.

I'm now even more worried to drive it home, I should be okay going slow I'd think?
You are driving it like that?!?

Wow...

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Here's the deal. That plate is just there to put the big - ass subframe bolt in double shear. If the subframe bolt is tight, you're probably fine for light driving, but who knows what they did or didn't tighten?
I should have added, if you DIY instead of returning it, then check every bolt and nut down there to make sure that they are tight.