Sponsored

***Urgent*** Check Clutch Line At Brake Master Cylinder

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Right behind clutch
image.jpg
Are you talking about the white gunk on the spring perch? That's just grease (lithium grease?) because that whole assembly moves on that rod.

Just looked again, I see what looks like a small drop of lubricant just above that electrical connector. That what you're talking about? The whole piston assembly almost looks moist too. If you wipe it off thoroughly how quickly does it come back?

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Brand new 2020 Bullitt, mfg 12/19 -- mine looked exactly like op. Pushed it back on but didn't have a zip tie so I will monitor for a while. I'm curious to see if it starts to pull back again...

Also agree with others that the line should be a little but longer. Not much, maybe like 1/4 inch or so.

Before:
View media item 16909
After:
View media item 16910

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
So I checked mine tonight and yep it was out far enough it looked slightly cocked to the side. Pushed it on until I felt it click. No drips that I could see. Could definitely do with being 1/4 - 1/2" longer

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I put a zip tie on mine around 2 ish years ago after pushing it all the way on. It hasnt budged since, and no brake fluid has seeped out at all, completely dry.

Ronfrank1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Are you talking about the white gunk on the spring perch? That's just grease (lithium grease?) because that whole assembly moves on that rod.

Just looked again, I see what looks like a small drop of lubricant just above that electrical connector. That what you're talking about? The whole piston assembly almost looks moist too. If you wipe it off thoroughly how quickly does it come back?
Yes right above that electrical connector it’s dripping out of that push rod, and a couple days Of pushing the clutch and it will be back. Fill up my reservoir and a week or two it’s getting low again.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! I just checked mine as well. It was about halfway off the connection and had slight seepage! Fluid level was good. I pushed it all the way on with a little extra umph, then tried pulling it off with decent force. Didn't budge! Good catch on this! Guess we have a lot of built on Monday, built on Friday cars lol.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Abomination

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
sob, mine was the same way. Slipped it on. Have a zip tie at the shop but I'm thinking maybe a hose clamp or something.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! I just checked mine as well. It was about halfway off the connection and had slight seepage! Fluid level was good. I pushed it all the way on with a little extra umph, then tried pulling it off with decent force. Didn't budge! Good catch on this! Guess we have a lot of built on Monday, built on Friday cars lol.
K after putting a few hundred miles on it, hasn't move one bit (no zip ties or anything)
c_oc=AQm8RG8TTFTSZAmTj4Oqm774VEYEcIJmC90jBA-nhImwspwCJhAg3lnnde9LJV33dAw&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.jpg

Last edited:

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Took a pic tonite...March 7th.. would not move at all !! Did not use excessive force!!
B502ABFB-F5E0-4375-8DCB-7D58648D3C2F.jpeg
Mine looks like that as well. I’ve had the car for almost 2 years and it hasn’t moved more or leaked at all. Tried pushing it on further but as you stated, didn’t use a lot of force but it didn’t move
Sponsored