Sponsored

UPR or Bob's Oil Catch Can

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
looking for any recommendations to decided on a UPR or Bob's Oil Catch Can. Any major differences or they do the same performance.....
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
FP oil catch can for OEM look. :thumbsup:

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
looking for any recommendations to decided on a UPR or Bob's Oil Catch Can. Any major differences or they do the same performance.....
Bob's.. hands down. You can get in matte or gloss black for low key. Then you can also get carbon fiber hydro dipped if you want. The clean side is clean until you track the car as the Ford engineers stated. And they are $120 or so cheaper!

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Agree, definitely Bob's. The quality and functionality is as good as you'll get. Many options to dress up the engine compartment if you want, and the ease of draining is also as good as it gets.

Sponsored

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The UPR single valve catch can for the GT350 will offer our Patent designed filtration system that will catch more oil, fuel and contaminates then any other out there. We are also the only ones to add a check valve to ensure a tight seal at WOT. Our 350 systems also include a Clean Side Separator because with the higher RPM driving, we noticed oil splashing back into the intake tube. Everything is plug and play for a quick removal and installation.

zkn3t4.jpg

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
I would like to bump this thread as I am now ready to purchase one of these. Now that everyone who owns one should have some input, what are your thoughts and pros/cons? I see that Bobs has increased in price $100 for the new year. Does anyone know why? Is there better materials used/supplied with the kit? Also, do you think that new premium is still worth getting the Bobs over UPR? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have not ruled out the Ford Performance ones either, but from my research they appear to be more difficult to empty and not as high quality as Bobs or UPR. Thanks!

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I installed Bob's on a very well respected recommendation. I couldn't be happier.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I would like to a review of what's in the cans

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm really happy with my UPR system. Install was quick (~15 min) and the quality of the parts is TOP NOTCH!

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Oil catch cans have to be the biggest scam on the GT350 aftermarket. Don't fear detonation or contamination. Apply some logic:

The engine makes plenty of power. Although it looks like substantial mass in the can, divide the mass by say, 100 x 10^6 strokes over 3,000 miles at 4,000 rpm (a good median), at 60 mph (another median). The result is picograms or nanograms of residue per oil change. Most of the aliphatic mass would be blown right out of the engine with the exhaust cycle. There are also additives in gas that probably create residues as well. There are so many other things that will affect performance before insignificantly minute masses of oil.

For Ford, catch cans are nominal cost and maintenance would be a profit, and more than likely they left them off to strip weight due to no perceived benefit. If Ford Performance cares nothing about keeping the engine innards pristine, why go through the trouble and substantial cost if there is no proven benefit? This not a data-driven decision; it's a reaction to hype. Probably the only good reason to have a can would be to counter blow-by induced by a turbo- or super- charged intake, otherwise don't worry about it. Those Track Attack cars do not have catch cans installed as I have asked people who have gone to the FPRS.
Sponsored