Sponsored

Upper 2000's Impala SS

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I had an upper 2000's Impala SS pull up next to me the other day at a red light and rev on me. Busy intersection with at least 25 cars stopped around it at various corners no much farther then a quarter mile from a high school. Up to the challenge I look over and smile and blip my accelerator. The light changes and his front wheels go squealing off into the intersection with the full force of its spiffy 300 HP front wheel drive torque steering V8. I gently lifted the clutch and slowly moved forward in first gear and shifted at 2K RPM's into 2nd as the minivan behind him passed me as I did my 0-30 in 8 seconds flat.

You want to race with me... lets do it on the track...
Sponsored

Cashcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG GT S, S550, Camaro
I had an upper 2000's Impala SS pull up next to me the other day at a red light and rev on me. Busy intersection with at least 25 cars stopped around it at various corners no much farther then a quarter mile from a high school. Up to the challenge I look over and smile and blip my accelerator. The light changes and his front wheels go squealing off into the intersection with the full force of its spiffy 300 HP front wheel drive torque steering V8. I gently lifted the clutch and slowly moved forward in first gear and shifted at 2K RPM's into 2nd as the minivan behind him passed me as I did my 0-30 in 8 seconds flat.

Well done! :clap2:

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Somewhere there is a kill story on a GM forum of this lol

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
I had an upper 2000's Impala SS pull up next to me the other day at a red light and rev on me.....

Well played. Are you Portland Maine or Oregon? If Oregon you should facebook Streetcar Syndicate. We met up at Woodburn Dragstrip last week with a lane dedicated to our group & we also meet up for some auto cross action. Great group of guys with a mix of cars.

I had the Pontiac version of The Impala SS, Grand Prix GXP. With a CAI, tune & axle back it was a 13.5 1/4 mile car with a 5.3L V8 FWD that got 28mpg. It came from the factory with wider front tires/rims (255) than the rear (235).

Sponsored