Unable to use Waze w/Android Auto

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Last fall Waze worked great with Android Auto. Car went into storage for the winter and took out April 1st. Ever since whenever I use Waze it just sits there and won't update the map position. Google Maps works great.
Anyone else using a Note9 with waze on Android auto? What magical combo of settings gets it working?
Sponsored

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Working fine as of Sunday afternoon. I do keep my phone and apps updated. Maybe that is your issue along with sync updates.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know this sounds obvious but have you reset everything? Sync, phone, & Bluetooth?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
WAZE.. if you like cops planting false info.. nothing but TRAP SPY for me (not available in all areas).

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I am running latest updates on all phone apps and Sync 3.4
Must be something to do with my phone settings. I will play with it some more.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had a rental 20 Nissan Rogue a few weeks ago that did not have factory nav. I hooked up my phone to use Android Auto. Google Maps worked fine but Waze was just a blank screen with a light blue/green hue.

I have not used Android Auto with my Mustang for months but Waze did work then. I just recently updated to Sync 3 version 3.4. I hooked the phone for Android Auto to make sure it work in case i need it and Google maps worked and i got the same blank screen as i did with the Rogue.

My phone is a Motorola G7 with Android 9.0

I really don't care if Waze works or not. Hardly anyone in my area uses it and i have never gotten an alert for anything that was actually there when i got there and there have been plenty of times when there was an accident or traffic that there was no alert at all for.

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
Turn off power saving mode on your phone when using android auto. Try that then thank me later ;)

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Turn off power saving mode on your phone when using android auto. Try that then thank me later ;)
I turned off battery saver the day i got my phone and have never had a reason to turn it on (and I just confirmed that it is still off), that is not the reason Waze is not working.

FWIW, the reason I chose the Moto G7 was because of its battery. It will last two days with my typical usage.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have my Power mode set to "Medium". I just read on a Google forum that this can cause problems. Changing my power mode to "Optimized" should allow waze to work with the screen off. I tried all other settings related to allow this that and the other related to battery or background permissions and none of those settings worked. I haven't had a chance to try power mode setting on the road as the weather hasn't been good enough to go driving. EDIT: Setting the Note9 power mode to "OPTIMIZED" did the trick. Waze works again! Thanks!
Screenshot_20200411-103416_Device care.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: