Sponsored

UK modification & tuner shops

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
by the time you pay for Ford to fit the parts to keep your warranty, you can pay someone else to do the job (likely far better fit and finish rather than the dealership work through the manual never done this in real life before) and the money you save put towards fixing stuff down the road if it blows. End of the day, you fit something like a supercharger or turbo kit to an engine that didn't come with it as stock, expect it to pop sooner than stock especially as you'll be driving the car harder :sunglasses:
Yes, you've got to pay to play ... :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
by the time you pay for Ford to fit the parts to keep your warranty, you can pay someone else to do the job (likely far better fit and finish rather than the dealership work through the manual never done this in real life before) and the money you save put towards fixing stuff down the road if it blows. End of the day, you fit something like a supercharger or turbo kit to an engine that didn't come with it as stock, expect it to pop sooner than stock especially as you'll be driving the car harder :sunglasses:
I would never ever let a British Ford dealer modify a car. NEVER. That said, it looks like some of the American dealers do have a lot of mod experience. But in the UK, no way.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I would never ever let a British Ford dealer modify a car. NEVER. That said, it looks like some of the American dealers do have a lot of mod experience. But in the UK, no way.
I'm confused, happens easily so bear with me.
You want to add a supercharger (for example) at some point in the future and you want a full warranty for the work or the entire car?
If you add a shedload of power and bust a driveshaft, aint no one but you picking up that tab. Likewise if the engine throws a rod out the block UNLESS you can prove the tune was out from day one and indeed it blew up on the exit ramp of the garage then maybe just maybe but even then I doubt you'd avoid paying for a new engine.
Maybe with suspension, maybe exhaust stuff that's basically simple stuff and supplied and fitted by the tuner / garage etc but anything engine related i doubt you'd get any sort of cover worth the paper it's written on.
Having said all that, if you find someone wiling to honour said writings then please post their details and work they do :like:

Ford might supply and fit a supercharger and still cover the warranty which would be fantastic if that all worked out but tbh i don't know in the UK but in the states, yeah see it advertised a lot.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused, happens easily so bear with me.
You want to add a supercharger (for example) at some point in the future and you want a full warranty for the work or the entire car?
If you add a shedload of power and bust a driveshaft, aint no one but you picking up that tab. Likewise if the engine throws a rod out the block UNLESS you can prove the tune was out from day one and indeed it blew up on the exit ramp of the garage then maybe just maybe but even then I doubt you'd avoid paying for a new engine.
Maybe with suspension, maybe exhaust stuff that's basically simple stuff and supplied and fitted by the tuner / garage etc but anything engine related i doubt you'd get any sort of cover worth the paper it's written on.
Having said all that, if you find someone wiling to honour said writings then please post their details and work they do :like:

Ford might supply and fit a supercharger and still cover the warranty which would be fantastic if that all worked out but tbh i don't know in the UK but in the states, yeah see it advertised a lot.
Was just looking at engine and drivetrain for some comfort. I do not expect them to warranty the entire car.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Was just looking at engine and drivetrain for some comfort. I do not expect them to warranty the entire car.
I seriously doubt anyone would warranty anything drivetrain wise they didn't build or buy themselves for fitting as that'd be a can of worms just asking to be opened. Good luck with your search though

Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously doubt anyone would warranty anything drivetrain wise they didn't build or buy themselves for fitting as that'd be a can of worms just asking to be opened. Good luck with your search though
sorry if I'm dumb mate, just trying to learn. i saw US dealers putting on superchargers and honoring three year warranties, so I figured I'd ask the question. But maybe it was a stupid question. I apologise.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
sorry if I'm dumb mate, just trying to learn. i saw US dealers putting on superchargers and honoring three year warranties, so I figured I'd ask the question. But maybe it was a stupid question. I apologise.
no need to apologise at all bud and it's definitely not a stupid question at all. If you'd done the work first then asked the question it might be a different answer but you did the whole question / action thing the right way round :like: . Ford UK are out of the superchargers. I checked the shop.ford thingy lol. The US guys get all the parts and deals, that's for sure but that's history of the whole muscle car scene really.

There was a chat about a guy that bought a (new to him) car with a Whipple on it and yeah didn't end the dyno session well at all. Who fitted it for the previous owner is unknown but this post might be interesting, lower compression purpose built forced induction crate engine. or just get that s/c fitted and start saving for a replacement xyz..
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wn-after-dyno-has-whipple.168124/post-3420112

V8_motor here in the UK has a Keanne Bell s/c fitted to his car, been running a good of couple of years i think and no issues other than traction :sunglasses:

v8_motor
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-carwow-adventure.163616/

edited to add: we all come here to learn and asking questions is an important part of that as is trying to read as much as possible - i have tonne of stuff to learn about these cars so likely same as you in terms of knowledge. :)

Last edited:

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I've not researched it myself (because I'm not in the UK, so only of limited interest to me unfortunately), but isn't that what the Clive Sutton company in London does?

A local guy here has a supercharged GT350R from them, and I'd guess they do have to warranty the supercharged cars they sell.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I've not researched it myself (because I'm not in the UK, so only of limited interest to me unfortunately), but isn't that what the Clive Sutton company in London does?

A local guy here has a supercharged GT350R from them, and I'd guess they do have to warranty the supercharged cars they sell.
Yes, Clive Sutton do a lot of mod work on Mustangs. How does the guy with the supercharged GT350 like it? Good reliability with it?

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Yes, Clive Sutton do a lot of mod work on Mustangs. How does the guy with the supercharged GT350 like it? Good reliability with it?
I'm not sure. Last time I saw him was at a trackday half a year ago and then he had some trouble with the radiator overflowing while out on the track. Looked like it might have been the cap not being screwed on fully (or maybe not), but it sounded like he'd been having some nags with the car when out on the track previously too.

He offered to trade my 2020 Mustang GT + 50,000 EUR for his GT350R, but his 350 does not have rear seats for the kids, and I don't have an extra 50,000 EUR laying around. ;-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
no need to apologise at all bud and it's definitely not a stupid question at all. If you'd done the work first then asked the question it might be a different answer but you did the whole question / action thing the right way round :like: . Ford UK are out of the superchargers. I checked the shop.ford thingy lol. The US guys get all the parts and deals, that's for sure but that's history of the whole muscle car scene really.

There was a chat about a guy that bought a (new to him) car with a Whipple on it and yeah didn't end the dyno session well at all. Who fitted it for the previous owner is unknown but this post might be interesting, lower compression purpose built forced induction crate engine. or just get that s/c fitted and start saving for a replacement xyz..
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...wn-after-dyno-has-whipple.168124/post-3420112

V8_motor here in the UK has a Keanne Bell s/c fitted to his car, been running a good of couple of years i think and no issues other than traction :sunglasses:

v8_motor
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-carwow-adventure.163616/

edited to add: we all come here to learn and asking questions is an important part of that as is trying to read as much as possible - i have tonne of stuff to learn about these cars so likely same as you in terms of knowledge. :)
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Fact is that I drive so slow that the car would be under very little stress...I could probably drive 1,000 hp with no issues :)

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

Have you seen the prices Sutton charge? That's a new engine / gearbox premium added into to price at your expense :)

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
I thought it was the supercharger supplier I:e Roush that honoured the manufacturers warranty in the US not ford and that’s why their usually slightly detuned

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was the supercharger supplier I:e Roush that honoured the manufacturers warranty in the US not ford and that’s why their usually slightly detuned
Not sure mate, looking at the Granger posts on here I thought it sounded like it was Granger/Ford honoring it, but I could be wrong
Sponsored