Sponsored

UK modification & tuner shops

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
in the states some dealerships have struck up relationships with people like sumit / livernois etc so you can buy their supercharger kits and get them installed by the dealer and full dealer warranty etc but they're very conservative stock tunes not custom tuned pushing for the edge of fuel etc.
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've not researched it myself (because I'm not in the UK, so only of limited interest to me unfortunately), but isn't that what the Clive Sutton company in London does?

A local guy here has a supercharged GT350R from them, and I'd guess they do have to warranty the supercharged cars they sell.
I'm pretty sure that Sutton simply import US cars, take them through an IVA test then sell them for a profit in the posh parts of London. They often seem to be punting out £100K Dogde Challenger's/Jeeps'/RAM's/Chevy's/F150's etc.. When the S550 came here in RHD they spotted an opportunity to remove the cost of import, duty and IVA by selling 'Bespoked' RHD mustangs at a markup to YouTubers in Knigtsbidge by taking a base UK car, shipping it to respected UK tuners to bolt on aftermarket parts and tune the engine. Then Sutton fit bespoke badges, re-tirm the seats and sell the result at a massive mark up. All the actual build work is farmed out to other companies (listed on the first post). All the custom parts come direct from the Steeda catalog etc. It's not hard to imagine a good business case for offering a non-transferrable warranty (from aftermarket warranty provider) because you can be pretty confident the car will remain in London (not many opportunities to use the performance) and that the Youtuber that buys it will sell it after 6 months or crash it long before anything breaks.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure that Sutton simply import US cars, take them through an IVA test then sell them for a profit in the posh parts of London. They often seem to be punting out £100K Dogde Challenger's/Jeeps'/RAM's/Chevy's/F150's etc.. When the S550 came here in RHD they spotted an opportunity to remove the cost of import, duty and IVA by selling 'Bespoked' RHD mustangs at a markup to YouTubers in Knigtsbidge by taking a base UK car, shipping it to respected UK tuners to bolt on aftermarket parts and tune the engine. Then Sutton fit bespoke badges, re-tirm the seats and sell the result at a massive mark up. All the actual build work is farmed out to other companies (listed on the first post). All the custom parts come direct from the Steeda catalog etc. It's not hard to imagine a good business case for offering a non-transferrable warranty (from aftermarket warranty provider) because you can be pretty confident the car will remain in London (not many opportunities to use the performance) and that the Youtuber that buys it will sell it after 6 months or crash it long before anything breaks.
The CS Stage 1 package is listed as £17k for the installation of a Stage 1 Whipple and upgraded exhaust system, tuning and new rear valance. What do you think other reputable UK mod shops would charge for similar upgrades? CS link below:

CS700 Power Package | St John's Wood, London | Clive Sutton

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you are interested in that type of package I would contact them as there are elements of it that aren't applicable to your car.

Gen 2 v Gen 3, older style Whipple, active exhaust, rear valance etc etc :like:

WD :like:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The CS Stage 1 package is listed as £17k for the installation of a Stage 1 Whipple and upgraded exhaust system, tuning and new rear valance. What do you think other reputable UK mod shops would charge for similar upgrades? CS link below:

CS700 Power Package | St John's Wood, London | Clive Sutton
to be fair, that's not bad is it... £6500 for the Whipple (inc stock Whipple tune), £1500 for milek cat back exhaust, £270 Roush valance. + 1yr aftermarket warranty (bought in bulk by a dealer so maybe £500 + lets be generous and say £2000 outsourced to a professional shop to fit the parts
= £10,700 + vat
so approx £6300 gross profit per car. Which isn't as much as I thought they would be looking for.

However if you have a decent stream of business I bet you can drive a bargain to reduce the fitting costs. I figure its about 1 - 1.5 days of labour if you are practiced at them.

vs buying the bits yourself and paying a mechanic to fit... £10,200 + VAT= £12,240 + warranty, no idea what they cost, lets guess at £1,000/yr...

£17,000 - £13,240 = one rather pricy 'Sutton Performance' badge

Note : ex VAT prices from www.steeda.co.uk on 9/12/21.

Note: The Sutton package does not specifically mention replacing the oil pump gears ($300) or crank balancer ($435) or oil cooler (£1200). These mods are very much recommended by the tuners as the stock items are known to fail under higher loads when boosted. If you go direct to GT101/Modurstang/MAP etc you could im sure get these additional items fitted and still come in less than or equal to the Sutton price.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you are interested in that type of package I would contact them as there are elements of it that aren't applicable to your car.

Gen 2 v Gen 3, older style Whipple, active exhaust, rear valance etc etc :like:

WD :like:
Thanks. I'm not going with forced-induction.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Just take the power figures people are dishing out with a pinch of salt.

Want to save real money with the highest quality of work, do the work yourself. These are very easy cars to work on.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
CS make some of the ugliest and overpriced Mustangs I've seen. I wouldn't just be slapping on a supercharger without some prior handling and driving mods, you'll just end up another Mustang crowd killer.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
so - i have had the suspension uprated (mainly steeda parts - IRS base kit, bushes etc etc and alignment, and cosmetic mods lowering - springs, spacers etc)

also had a steeda closed air intake plus tune (MAP have their own dyno and take massive care, attention and time on the tuning) - the tune added significant power and performance

I am about to have either Kooks or ARH headers fitted too (with a re-tune obviously)

Apart from that - they also fitted exhaust parts (H pipe etc) and serviced it

MAP are renowned for the care and attention that they take with every Mustang - each job / part will come with its own guarantees. That said - I know that if there is an issue they will use all reasonable effort to replace/ repair in any case

MAP are well known for fitting either Whipple or centrifugal superchargers if supercharging is your preference (I am staying NA for now)

that said - i know that Mike at Modurstang and GT101 have very good reputations in their respective geographical locations too
Mate, did you get your new headers installed at MAP? If so, how are you enjoying the car now? Cheers

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, did you get your new headers installed at MAP? If so, how are you enjoying the car now? Cheers
not yet - unfortunately close family member's death over Christmas sort of stopped all car work for a while - but watch this space!

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
not yet - unfortunately close family member's death over Christmas sort of stopped all car work for a while - but watch this space!
I am very sorry for your loss. Peace & love to the family.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Who are the most reputable Mustang tuners & mod shops in the UK? I know some modify cars cosmetically, but I'm focused on performance modifiers. So far, I've heard of the following:

Modurstang
Clive Sutton
MAP-Motorsport and Performance
Hendy Performance
GT101
Puma Build
American Muscle UK

Perfect Touch?

Any others? Cheers
Guys, new question, but I thought I'd put it in this thread. Who are the top UK Mustang mod shops for purely cosmetic mods? Think new bonnet, steering wheel, rear spoiler etc? Cheers

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
Guys, new question, but I thought I'd put it in this thread. Who are the top UK Mustang mod shops for purely cosmetic mods? Think new bonnet, steering wheel, rear spoiler etc? Cheers
GT101 have done all my cosmetic mods barring stripe-work.

Benno

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
all of them ....depending upon where you live!

also Performance 28 in North East

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
GT101 have done all my cosmetic mods barring stripe-work.

Benno
Which cosmetic mods did GT101 do for you? I'm thinking about a forged carbon bonnet and steering wheel.
Sponsored