Sponsored

My CarWow Adventure

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
As you all have probably seen, recently CarWow borrowed my car to do a video. The video below was totally unplanned and wasn't what I was there for.

The video shot before this will hopefully go live soon. I can't talk about it much due to an NDA.

I will be uploading a video to my channel talking about the days races, the day as a whole, what I had to do leading up to it etc. I'll also be uploaded videos of the cars launches from the back. So if you want to ask, now is a great time.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I spotted it on YouTube (popped up on my feed) before it was posted on here, but I didnā€™t want to steal your thunder :sunglasses:

I must say I am a little surprised with the result and it doesnā€™t compute well with my logic - I am sure itā€™s going to generate a lot of discussion on here ā€¦

WD :like:

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
same, saw it on youtube and recognized the car immediately. Loved all the 'excuses' bit :D haha

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I can't remember if you'd done this since getting the s/c fitted but if you haven't already you really should get your car dyn'd and tuned if necessary.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The new M3C seems to be posting some good results, puts down the power far better than the old one. I watched a battle between a new M3 (non comp) and GT500 and the M3 still wins a standing start race, rolling it's a different story but considering the power difference the M3 punches well above its figures.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ok we need to get on top of this, you let us down, if anyone asks it was a V6 šŸ˜¬

That BMW was fast though for being 200bhp down, what was holding the Mustang back, was it the traction, the weight, the driver or did Trump rig the results ?

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
ok we need to get on top of this, you let us down, if anyone asks it was a V6 šŸ˜¬

That BMW was fast though for being 200bhp down, what was holding the Mustang back, was it the traction, the weight, the driver or did Trump rig the results ?
I know some have said the results don't make sense but to me the GT doesn't particularly feel like a 444 bhp/ 530 Nm car, yes its weight is more than Gok Wan on a fat day but even so it has never felt as quick to me (upto maybe 80-100mph) as an F80 M3 similar power, weight, admittedly forced induction. I reckon my ZF auto M135i would have battered my GT up to the legal speed limit+, auto or manual, my m2 stock would leave the GT for dust (again upto legal limits), pretty sure of it. I know we are talking a GT with a SC but a claimed 750bhp and boat loads of NM against the M3C just makes you realise how the power is delivered is the more important.

:)
Not really a problem for me as i didnt buy the GT as a traffic light racer or drag strip king but the clip is and i will say it disappointing but not surprising. Makes me question that light in my head about getting a supercharger one day for my GT at what 12k minimum, is it really worth it? Why not just embrace the GT in its standard form? I think that's what i am going to do and if i want anything faster i will buy an M3C!!!!!!

I drove last week 10 hours approx in the GT and enjoyed every minute though, glorious it really was and hard to beat.

:)

Last edited:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Even the Skyline looked slow or was that just down to the BMW too ?

I've never really raced mine, which is probably why I keep putting off the supercharger. I actually get a lot of fun wrenching on mine, it probably spends far too long on axle stands.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

I've never really raced mine, which is probably why I keep putting off the supercharger. I actually get a lot of fun wrenching on mine, it probably spends far too long on axle stands.
I think its the M3C mate, BMW have IMO done what appears to be an outstanding job (again), albeit a little pricey!!! a 500bhp/650nm car that isnt being embarrassed by cars with a lot more power and battering those with alleged similar powr. Thing for me is its still a big engine RWD machine and no doubt a real joy to drive, something that will soon be lost, different price bracket to a stock GT but once a SC and all the other bits it starts to get closer.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017

the Skyline wasn't sorted. 750BHP and long geared yet it hit the wall at 160mph like the BMW and did a 1/4 mile in 11.4? Stock they can do 12.3.

End of the day, it's not what could have happened but instead what did happen. I think @V8_MOTOR can be happy with his car and how it performed against the BM, not a bad benchmark to go up against.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend upgrading to the red go faster stripes :like:

There's definitely better engines and better cars out there than the Mustang but there's far less that has the same presence on the road and it's this that I enjoy more than the power/winning bragging rights.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Why not just embrace the GT in its standard form?
Indeed, the factory spec GT has it's good points. I remember being impressed by it's acceleration.

What wasn't so impressive, was the poop-box, white, Mk7 golf R estate, which very nearly managed to stay with the GT.
Then there was that time with the revo tuned Skoda saloon... Octavia?

SC'd GT pushes to the horizon in a way I suspect is familiar to Super drivers.

But N/A or not, imo, the GT has it on sound & presence.
The fart noise those VWs & BMWs make when they shift, is similtaneously silly & unattractive.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I wonder if drag strip mode would have made any difference?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT