Sponsored

Uh-oh..Is this the A/c evap core issue?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
2018 GT - 2300 miles. Turned on the A/C this morning (even though it was 45 outside, it was warm in the car with a hoodie on). I noticed it didn't seem to be getting much cooler. I had to lower the temp below 70 to get it cold. But then I noticed that only the center round vent (I have non-PP, so vents, no gauges) and the rectangular far-left vent were cold. The other round vents were room temp to warm as was the rectangular far-right vent. I hit the recirculate button - no help. So basically only 2 of the vents were cold.

Could there be a reason for this OTHER than the evap core issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Malfunctioning HVAC blend door could be the other possibility.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
If the car's outdoor thermometer is telling it it's only 45 deg out, your climate control will probably have to be set colder than 70 deg to actually do much cooling. I don't know why cars rely on outside temps for controlling the inside, but they definitely do.
To exclude an evap core issue, hit Max A/C to quickly get the temp settings to "LO", then lower the fan setting manually to make it less loud and obnoxious. If it still doesn't cool, then you might have an evap core issue.

2018 GT - 2300 miles. Turned on the A/C this morning (even though it was 45 outside, it was warm in the car with a hoodie on). I noticed it didn't seem to be getting much cooler. I had to lower the temp below 70 to get it cold. But then I noticed that only the center round vent (I have non-PP, so vents, no gauges) and the rectangular far-left vent were cold. The other round vents were room temp to warm as was the rectangular far-right vent. I hit the recirculate button - no help. So basically only 2 of the vents were cold.

Could there be a reason for this OTHER than the evap core issue?

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
If the car's outdoor thermometer is telling it it's only 45 deg out, your climate control will probably have to be set colder than 70 deg to actually do much cooling. I don't know why cars rely on outside temps for controlling the inside, but they definitely do.
To exclude an evap core issue, hit Max A/C to quickly get the temp settings to "LO", then lower the fan setting manually to make it less loud and obnoxious. If it still doesn't cool, then you might have an evap core issue.
Coming home from work yesterday outdoor temp was 80 and all vents were cold. So hopefully you are right about the outdoor temp affecting things. Although that doesn't explain why some vents were cold while others weren't. :shrug:

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Coming home from work yesterday outdoor temp was 80 and all vents were cold. So hopefully you are right about the outdoor temp affecting things. Although that doesn't explain why some vents were cold while others weren't. :shrug:

Just keep an eye on it for now. Maybe when it gets a bit warmer and the car is at operating temp, try it again. Hopefully it was just a blip. I brought mine to the dealer in 50 degree temp and there was a clear difference between driverside and passenger side temps.
Sponsored