Ford ESP Coverage issue on AC evaporator core

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I recently had to get my evaporator core replaced due to a slow leak. When I first brought it in, they said it was low on freon but couldn’t find a leak. They said they couldn’t use my ESP warranty so they charged me for the AC service and Freon which was over $200. They said that they put dye in the system and to come back later. They also said if found an issue that they would waive my $100 esp deductible. Now when i went to pick it up after the evaporator core got replaced my original service writer wasn’t there so I worked with a different guy. When i got the paperwork they wanted the $100 so I complained to the service manager and he waived it. Now a couple days later, my original service writer called and said I still owed it and the manager shouldn’t have waived it. My question is whether I should have even been charged for the AC service to begun with? Also, what recourse do I have dealing with the $100?
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I recently had to get my evaporator core replaced due to a slow leak. When I first brought it in, they said it was low on freon but couldn’t find a leak. They said they couldn’t use my ESP warranty so they charged me for the AC service and Freon which was over $200. They said that they put dye in the system and to come back later. They also said if found an issue that they would waive my $100 esp deductible. Now when i went to pick it up after the evaporator core got replaced my original service writer wasn’t there so I worked with a different guy. When i got the paperwork they wanted the $100 so I complained to the service manager and he waived it. Now a couple days later, my original service writer called and said I still owed it and the manager shouldn’t have waived it. My question is whether I should have even been charged for the AC service to begun with? Also, what recourse do I have dealing with the $100?
I think they shouldn't have charged you because it was low on refrigerant. Refrigerant charge does NOT go low unless there's a leak. Just because they're incompetent at finding the leak doesn't mean you should have to pay for it.