corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice! I actually have 25mm bolt on spacers laying around and might try and remove the studs from those to make them slip on's (not sure if this is viable?) to test the fitment. I tracked the set-up described above last weekend and was worried i would get some rub under load but never did so I guess that 2mm of clearence will work ha.
2 mm should be enough, as long as the wheel is wide enough to adequately support the tire in the lateral direction. Up to ~1.3g with a max-wheel-width fitment, you might even be able to get away with running less than that ;) .

But wheel bearings can't have play, strut to knuckle fasteners can't be allowed to move at all, and a really heavy impact like a pothole or rolling over an unusually abusive curbing might still cause enough deflections to get a brief rub.

Norm

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tracked this season on 6GR 19x11ET50 square w 305/35 19 MPSS. Traveling so cant post pics right this second but they are on forum somewhere.
Fender supports are extended 1", black plastic fender/bumper junction piece is ground thinner on side wheel bench grinder, bumper support modded to roll down and back so fender and bumper lines up to look stock even though its pushed out.
First time itll take all weekend but did a second one in a day.
Car looks totally stock except 305s on black 6GR, lol.
On STOCK STRUTS AND BOLTS.
Running spacers front. Ran 25mm spacer but got occasional inner front fender rub so got 24mm cut from Lenny at Motorsport
You can order those exact spacers from him as I sent him CAD.
Run stock alignment for street.
Mad respect for yall getting these under the fenders without modding bumper and fender supports. I played around but eventually went all in to really get a bunch more room.

Last edited:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Tracked this season on 6GR 19x11ET50 square w 305/35 19 MPSS. Traveling so cant post pics right this second but they are on forum somewhere.
Fender supports are extended 1", black plastic fender/bumper junction piece is ground thinner on side wheel bench grinder, bumper support modded to roll down and back so fender and bumper lines up to look stock even though its pushed out.
First time itll take all weekend but did a second one in a day.
Car looks totally stock except 305s on black 6GR, lol.
On STOCK STRUTS AND BOLTS.
Running spacers front. Ran 25mm spacer but got occasional inner front fender rub so got 24mm cut from Lenny at Motorsport
You can order those exact spacers from him as I sent him CAD.
Run stock alignment for street.
Mad respect for yall getting these under the fenders without modding bumper and fender supports. I played around but eventually went all in to really get a bunch more room.
You should post good pictures of your setup. It defiantly would be beneficial.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Damn. Just saw this. Theres a pic of the car from long ago on 305 square and didnt seem like much interest. Pretty sure first to get 19x11ET50 square set from Paul as I had to beg to get the set that way. Was afraid everyone thought it was stupid but it tracked fantastic at TWS, MSRH, DWA,HH...

I will have to go digging for picks.
To take really good picks, I would have to pull bumper and/or fender liners. Anyone in Austin? Only have iphone 6 as camera so dont expect much...

If I pull bumper, What do yall want pics of?

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Can't wheels with the correct backspacing be purchased so that spacers aren't needed?
Sure but then you can't rotate front to back, which kinda negates the whole purpose of going square.

15gtRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted 2015 Mustang GT
Well here’s ma sign haha. Totally should have realized that.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe half the purpose . . . you still end up with same-size tires on same-width wheels for the handling balance reason.

You can still swap left with right on each axle, and in many cases you won't even have to dismount and remount them. Most tracks tend to beat up the tires on one side of the car a little faster than the tires on the other side, so you're still gaining a little overall tire life.

Norm

Osvic@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt
Those Project6gr are looking great!! Awesome choice!

Over the weekend, me and a buddy installed our 19x11's on our GT's w/ PP and wanted to document clearances and such since our suspension setups are different. Between the both of us, we have stock style springs/struts, coilovers, 20mm spacers, 25mm spacers, stock bolts, camber bolts and caster/camber plates. We only have a few clearance measurements so far but would like to mix setups to get more measurements in the future.

Here's what we have so far... more pictures/clearances to come.

2016 Mustang GTPP (Member: Killspray)

Controlled, Does Not Change:
Wheels: 19x11 et50 Project 6GR
Tires: 305/30R19 Hankook Ventus R-S3
Springs: BMR Handling
Struts/Shocks: Koni Yellows
Camber Plates: MM
Rear Spacer: None

Will Vary For Pictures:
Front Spacer: 20mm
Camber: -1°
Clearance to Strut: 4.5mm
Camber Bolts: No
20mm_1.0deg_1.jpg

20mm_1.0deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 20mm
Camber: -2.8°
Clearance to Strut: 4.5mm
20mm_2.8deg_1.jpg

20mm_2.8deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 25mm
Camber: -1°
Clearance to Strut: 9.5mm
25mm_1.0deg_1.jpg

25mm_1.0deg_2.jpg

Front Spacer: 25mm
Camber: -2.8°
Clearance to Strut: 9.5mm
25mm_2.8deg_1.jpg

25mm_2.8deg_2.jpg

2015 Mustang GTPP (Member: tyshenry)
Wheels: 19x11 et50 SVE GT350 Style
Tires: 305/30R19 Hankook Ventus R-S3
Spacer: 20mm up front, no spacer in rear
Suspension: JRZ RS1 Coilovers
Camber Bolts: no
Camber Plates: Vorshlag
Camber: -2*

FD24EEA8-99CF-4792-87C8-0B3D6FF5447A.jpg

68561111-F0D5-4D5F-B14C-7AC461834078.jpg

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Made the jump after seeing this thread, thanks to the OP!

Here is my setup...

Wheels: 19x11 et50 SVE S350
Tires: 295/30R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Springs: Steeda Linear (added 3/8 Steeda spacer in rear)
Struts/Shocks: FRPP Track
Camber Plates: Steeda
Front spacer: 20mm
Front camber: -2.5
Front toe: 0.00
Rear spacer: none
Rear camber: -1.5
Rear toe: 0.11 (per side)

Did some minor trimming of the inner fender liner up front, but other than that no rubbing or clearance issues anywhere. Have been using this setup for HPDE and daily driving, The grip is unbelievable... keeping up with other cars running NT01s in the corners.

26341326598_c7bf80e41f_b.jpg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How are those MP4S tires holding up to track abuse?

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
They hold up exceptionally well. I typically run 4-5 20 minute sessions a month... after every track day I normally go through ~.5 of a 32nd worth of thread. Camber and frequent rotations help.

On track they communicate at the limit, are predictable, steering changes are crisp (perhaps attributed to the smaller sidewall on the 295/30) and they are surprisingly sticky for a "300 TW" tire. They do not chunk and the outer edges hold up well.

For someone who is not chasing after the best time and want something they can daily that will still stand up to track day abuse at a HPDE... these MPS4S are by far the best choice in my opinion. These are actually my second set... was using 285/35 PS4S on 19x10 before. I plan to buy another set when these are gone.
Sponsored