Sponsored

Twitch when put off gas

Jxe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 2017 EU version
Hello i dont know is this right category, but maybe its this issue connected to trans and drivetrain, i have little proboblem with my 5.0 V8 2017, uatomatic transmision, now 40k milles on tach.

When i ride in little higer rpm, 3000+ for example, and when i take foot off from gas pedal, car make little twitch/yank, its hard describe, its like small move forward and back....

for now, i thikn its normal, but this weekend i drive my friend same model but with 20k miles, same year, engine, trans... and his dont do that
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Hello i dont know is this right category, but maybe its this issue connected to trans and drivetrain, i have little proboblem with my 5.0 V8 2017, uatomatic transmision, now 40k milles on tach.

When i ride in little higer rpm, 3000+ for example, and when i take foot off from gas pedal, car make little twitch/yank, its hard describe, its like small move forward and back....

for now, i thikn its normal, but this weekend i drive my friend same model but with 20k miles, same year, engine, trans... and his dont do that
I think I know what you are talking about!
My experience (of what I believe is the same phenomenon) is a slight but spooky, unexpected lateral movement with no break in traction. Does that sound right?

I first noticed this last year (~10k miles) and I have one theory that seems to hold up, though this is a tough one to test...

I think it's a result of the extremely numb but precise electric steering. A change to the forces that you are experiencing (like when letting off the throttle) may be causing you to slightly nudge the steering wheel...

If this is available on your car, try switching between steering modes, see if it changes with the required input force going up or down. Also try being very conscious of not wiggling the wheel slightly when letting off the throttle.