GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! Mine does the EXACT same thing. Or, more accurately, I can CHOOSE to make it happen. You cannot shift this car quick at high rpms or you will get that. You have to ignore the rev match and give it gas while working the clutch up as if rev match didn't exist. Now, whether or not it *should* be that way, I don't know. I'm frustrated enough by the 2k rattle I kind of don't give a crap anymore. I rarely drive in a way I *need* to shift like that, so to me, it's more or less a non-issue.
Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Note: the Steeda spring may help here. I'm in the minority and prefer the stock spring, but if you switch to the Steeda spring, I have to imagine it would give you a better "catch" feel at those rpms.

Honestly, I wish I had a good old fashion cable instead of a hydraulic clutch. Some thing for the throttle.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I meant and should have said too fast for how much you're sending it. If it's full send, and shifting at redline, of course you can blast through the gears. When you do a second gear pull and then shift to third staying off the gas, if you let out the clutch too fast while RPMs are high, it makes the described sounds/vibrations till they nominalize. I did this a few times when I first got the car and have since learned how to avoid it. Maybe something is broken or maybe not. I believe 98% of the MT-82 issues are people not bothering to learn how to drive it. It operates differently than any other manual transmission I've driven over the years.
This...

OP
OP
friedmud

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yeah - now that I’ve broken it in more I can see that it is sometimes worse than other times.

like you say: I’m just trying to put it out of mind and just drive. The car makes some weird noises here or there… but I guess that’s part of the fun of a mechanical car. Before too long we won’t even have the option… we’ll all be driving buttery-smooth, silent electrics…