Twister Orange for MSRP...

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
The GT500 I originally ordered came in today.

IMG_0805.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
The GT500 I originally ordered came in today. I opted to wait longer and get the CFTP. So, if any of you guys are looking for a GT500 at MSRP, you can contact Mac Haik Ford in Jackson, MS (Chris Fagan). I have nothing to do with this car other than the fact that I spec'd it out and passing the word along.

IMG_0805.JPG

BUYER BEWARE.....this car is NOT for MSRP...I spoke to Chris and he said "I've gotta have 10k over." Also, I negotiated with this dealer months ago and they would not budge from $25K over.....just an FYI.

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
BUYER BEWARE.....this car is NOT for MSRP...I spoke to Chris and he said "I've gotta have 10k over." Also, I negotiated with this dealer months ago and they would not budge from $25K over.....just an FYI.
Things change quickly. I spoke with Chris recently and he is getting slammed by many people allover the country. Their intention is to only sell the car at MSRP for local buyers in Mississippi - they are an old school dealer.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So why don't they make this intention clear when contacted about the car?

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Things change quickly. I spoke with Chris recently and he is getting slammed by many people allover the country. Their intention is to only sell the car at MSRP for local buyers in Mississippi - they are an old school dealer.
I honestly take that statement with a grain of salt. He made no mention of that to me. He asked what my current deal was for, and then said he'd see what he could do to match it. I do not trust a single dealership and based on him telling me 10k, another person 15k and previously not budging on 25k, this car is not going to be sold for MSRP, even to a local buyer. I am just not buying it. Not saying that you are lying, I just don't believe him.

Mike

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
I honestly take that statement with a grain of salt. He made no mention of that to me. He asked what my current deal was for, and then said he'd see what he could do to match it. I do not trust a single dealership and based on him telling me 10k, another person 15k and previously not budging on 25k, this car is not going to be sold for MSRP, even to a local buyer. I am just not buying it. Not saying that you are lying, I just don't believe him.

Mike
I cannot speak to any deals I am not involved with or past experiences you have had with dealerships. However, my '17 GT350R was sold to me at MSRP, as well as the current GT500 above at MSRP. The CFTP I have on order will be at MSRP as well. I can respect a dealer for doing this because they are serving the local customers first, especially ones that buy many vehicles from them that are more expensive. Locally, it won't last long.

I have been in this same predicament many times with Porsche GT cars from other states that take care of their local customers first. It is the nature of the business...I am cool with that!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot speak to any deals I am not involved with or past experiences you have had with dealerships. However, my '17 GT350R was sold to me at MSRP, as well as the current GT500 above at MSRP. The CFTP I have on order will be at MSRP as well. I can respect a dealer for doing this because they are serving the local customers first, especially ones that buy many vehicles from them that are more expensive. Locally, it won't last long.

I have been in this same predicament many times with Porsche GT cars from other states that take care of their local customers first. It is the nature of the business...I am cool with that!
that makes sense and I can respect that, it would just be nice if they were up front about it. It feels like they are upping the price because there’s more demand. I could be wrong but I’m basing that off of the guy before saying they told him 15k.

mike2c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

that makes sense and I can respect that, it would just be nice if they were up front about it. It feels like they are upping the price because there’s more demand. I could be wrong but I’m basing that off of the guy before saying they told him 15k.
I offered 5 over and they came back with 10 over and are staying there

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I got $5 that says they ain't selling this @ MSRP, even to local people........

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Too bad about the color, I'd snap this up right now for 10k over...

762Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350, 17 Charger HC, 16 Challenger HC

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I hope these cars sit 9n the dealer lots for awhile. I love how dealers act like “I have to sell this for markup”.. Um.. No you don’t....

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
I hope these cars sit 9n the dealer lots for awhile. I love how dealers act like “I have to sell this for markup”.. Um.. No you don’t....
Its not that they have to, it is that they can. High demand car, not fun for the average person but for those who have extra cash and can play, its no big deal. Good for them. They should at least be consistent with their asking price or confirm the difference between local buyer and not.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Its not that they have to, it is that they can. High demand car, not fun for the average person but for those who have extra cash and can play, its no big deal. Good for them. They should at least be consistent with their asking price or confirm the difference between local buyer and not.
Yeah you just can't trust dealers. I had a Focus RS on order when they came out. On the order sheet it was written down as MSRP + $500 dealer fees+taxes, etc. I put this order in about 8 months before I received it or so. Car shows up and dealer calls me and tells me that they "have to" now charge me a $15K ADM, but the salesman felt bad and "good news it's only $5K ADM, when do you want to pick it up". I fought back since my order sheet was signed by the dealership and myself and listed MSRP+$500+taxes. Talked to my brother in law who is a lawyer, and in the end I gave up the car and moved on. A little over a year later I picked up a brand new RS for $6K under MSRP.

So yeah, just don't play these stupid games. It only encourages the dealers more.
Sponsored