Sponsored

Twin Turbo S550 under $4k????

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
So, came across this on facebook today. CX Racing makes a full hot side kit for bottom mount twin turbo system for S550 cars for only $1200. Also includes custom headers instead of reusing stock. Pair this with On3 turbos, which are proven and thats pretty damn cheap. I know cx racing made a turbo kit for s197 coyotes, but never seen one in person. I'm honestly impressed looking at pics. THoughts?

https://www.cxracing.com/products-b...KIT-50-MUSTANG15-ONLY?sort=p.price&order=DESC

Looks like they also have it paired with coldside for 1800

https://www.cxracing.com/products-b...KIT-50-MUSTANG15-ONLY?sort=p.price&order=DESC
Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The stainless grade and wall thickness may not be ideal in terms of longevity, also fit is likely questionable. If u can do your own Fab work then that's not a big issue. Buy some on3 62s, hellions oil pump scavenge tank deal and let us know how it goes.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
I wonder how that would work as an upgrade for those with stock modified manifolds such as the BW kit. I tried to buy their headers but they are unresponsive to any communication.
It sure looks like my turbos would bolt right up.

OP
OP
Killswitch16GT

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
I wonder how that would work as an upgrade for those with stock modified manifolds such as the BW kit. I tried to buy their headers but they are unresponsive to any communication.
It sure looks like my turbos would bolt right up.
I'm actually running the base bw kit as well and I'm wondering the same thing. I was also thinking of getting t4 exhaust housings and it would bolt up for sure. As far as quality, maybe get the entire hot side jet hot or ceramic coated?

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
My initial thoughts are that it prob works just fine, looks like it has tons of room for the steering shaft, which is a good thing, the tighter the tolerances the less room for error you have, since these are prob welded in china, you want as much room for error as possible.

I do like their 4" intercooler though, looks like a decent size and comes with s550 specific brackets, depending on the cores fin density it might be a good upgrade for Paxton/Vortech cars

The turbo outlet pipes look like they will be "race" connects, so you will need to neck them down to fit stock cat back, or have a cat back that is 3"

CXR-TRB-KIT-50-MUSTANG15-IC-CAR-11.jpg

Sponsored

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My initial thoughts are that it prob works just fine, looks like it has tons of room for the steering shaft, which is a good thing, the tighter the tolerances the less room for error you have, since these are prob welded in china, you want as much room for error as possible.

I do like their 4" intercooler though, looks like a decent size and comes with s550 specific brackets, depending on the cores fin density it might be a good upgrade for Paxton/Vortech cars

The turbo outlet pipes look like they will be "race" connects, so you will need to neck them down to fit stock cat back, or have a cat back that is 3"

CXR-TRB-KIT-50-MUSTANG15-IC-CAR-11.jpg
They do look to be made decent at least. It should flow better than the stock manifolds. If you want to make power you better have at a minimum dual 3" or dump them. Don't waste your time with a stock cat back if you want to power up! :)

For me I'm looking to max out the BW kit with stock manifolds and want to see how much I can make. I may need to go with better manifolds to reduce backpressure.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
They do look to be made decent at least. It should flow better than the stock manifolds. If you want to make power you better have at a minimum dual 3" or dump them. Don't waste your time with a stock cat back if you want to power up! :)

For me I'm looking to max out the BW kit with stock manifolds and want to see how much I can make. I may need to go with better manifolds to reduce backpressure.
You won't have any pressure ratio issues with a twin setup up under 1khp. You plan on making more?

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You won't have any pressure ratio issues with a twin setup up under 1khp. You plan on making more?
I have a sleeved and forged short block so yeah I'd like to see at least 1200whp with my Comp 6062's.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I have a sleeved and forged short block so yeah I'd like to see at least 1200whp with my Comp 6062's.
With a big setup like you have, seems mismatched to try the cheapest headers in the world. If thicker wall custom units are not in the budget, try em out.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are absolutely correct. I really didn't plan to be here now but I tend to overbuild things. What kind of custom headers do you recommend? I'd like to go with a better set of headers that are able to max out the turbos that I currently have. I don't intend to ever go past 1500 crank hp which is what my short block is rated for.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Not sure where u are located, but there are tons of great fab shops that can build those. But I would verify that you actually have a pressure ratio issue. You can weld in a bung between a collector and turbo on one bank, and data log pressure. Compare the rise of hotside pressure vs intake manifold pressure. I'd make the assumption that larger exhaust housing and or wheel would make a bigger difference than headers with a larger primary.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
They not only make a hotside, but also a full kit minus turbos and oiling and fuel.

I bought the complete kit last week and am still collecting parts so my car wont be running until next month or so.

I also bought two of their 67mm billet wheel, dual ball bearing turbos... $520 each!!! They appear to be damn near identical to the magnum 67mm turbos which were also available in the s197 On3 TT kit for 11-14 cars.

I am into mine for far for right at $2600 but I deleted the wastegates and am going to run Tial 44 MVRs that I had sitting on my shelf for the last 2 years.... The hot side quality appears to be great.

IMG-2039.jpg

IMG-2040.jpg

IMG-2042.jpg

IMG-2043.jpg

IMG-2045.jpg

IMG-2044.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Well, I'm in for watching this happen.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They not only make a hotside, but also a full kit minus turbos and oiling and fuel.

I bought the complete kit last week and am still collecting parts so my car wont be running until next month or so.

I also bought two of their 67mm billet wheel, dual ball bearing turbos... $520 each!!! They appear to be damn near identical to the magnum 67mm turbos which were also available in the s197 On3 TT kit for 11-14 cars.

I am into mine for far for right at $2600 but I deleted the wastegates and am going to run Tial 44 MVRs that I had sitting on my shelf for the last 2 years.... The hot side quality appears to be great.

IMG-2039.jpg

IMG-2040.jpg

IMG-2042.jpg

IMG-2043.jpg

IMG-2045.jpg

IMG-2044.jpg

Did they give you an idea of what the kit is rated to be able to put out for power? Also what size runners are on the headers? I’m very interested in this kit as it does look very nice.
Sponsored