Budget 2018 twin turbo GT build--Under $5k including fuel upgrades

cficare68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Impressive runs! Similar to the OP on that boost level. This appears to be a kit that produces the good.

GT500 got his ass kicked. Love it
If I recall OP had little bigger turbos. I believe his were 67s compared to my 62s. Never the less kits has exceed my expectations.

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Epic thread , thanks OP and all who have contributed. Very interesting indeed and great food for thought. :inspect:

im getting my gen2 sleeved and built as we speak. I’d love to go a single , but this type of set up just seem to good. I like hellion but I could only imagine the cost shipped to australia after my latest experience with shipping parts from USA.

I emailed CX racing and unfortunately they don’t do a RHD kit. once I get the car back together I can do some measurements and get a rough Idea what I’ve got to work with. might be able to mod the headers to fit around the steering shaft Etc.

The other option is I use the stock headers , and some CX parts etc and fab my own RHD kit. Hellion seem to be able to make up to 1000hp through them with out to much problems.
‘is me more than happy with 750 to 800rwhp.

I like the idea of the 55mm turbo‘s hellion uses , OEM type driving response quick spool time.
I can get pulsar turbo’s local here And these 58’s match up pretty well on garretts boost adviser Program.
I do like these dyno sheets and HP/rpm/boost comparison I found on another thread.

I’ve got Plenty of time to go before boost , but at least I have plenty of info to help me decide What direction I’ll go in.

cheers

tim

https://www.pulsarturbo.com.au/products/pulsar-5855g-aka-g30-770-dual-ball-bearing-turbo

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tarek
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Magnetic
Give Northmead Auto Center a call 02 96396666 ,there in Sydney,, look them up on facebook heaps of info and vids.
They did my twin turbo daily that runs mid 9s all day

IMG_5594.jpeg

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Yeah they do some great stuff.

your set up sounds amazing Tarek , love to 9’s off the foot brake haha. Well done :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Eco85

Mad Scientist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Epic thread , thanks OP and all who have contributed. Very interesting indeed and great food for thought. :inspect:

im getting my gen2 sleeved and built as we speak. I’d love to go a single , but this type of set up just seem to good. I like hellion but I could only imagine the cost shipped to australia after my latest experience with shipping parts from USA.

I emailed CX racing and unfortunately they don’t do a RHD kit. once I get the car back together I can do some measurements and get a rough Idea what I’ve got to work with. might be able to mod the headers to fit around the steering shaft Etc.

The other option is I use the stock headers , and some CX parts etc and fab my own RHD kit. Hellion seem to be able to make up to 1000hp through them with out to much problems.

I like the idea of the 55mm turbo‘s hellion uses , OEM type driving response quick spool time.
I can get pulsar turbo’s local here And these 58’s match up pretty well on garretts boost adviser Program.
I do like these dyno sheets and HP/rpm/boost comparison I found on another thread.

I’ve got Plenty of time to go before boost , but at least I have plenty of info to help me decide What direction I’ll go in.

cheers

tim

https://www.pulsarturbo.com.au/products/pulsar-5855g-aka-g30-770-dual-ball-bearing-turbo

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg
Buy the B&l fabrications single kit, it comes with forward facing headers

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Buy the B&l fabrications single kit, it comes with forward facing headers
plenty of good options out there for forward facing Single or twins. I like the idea of heat out of the engine bay With hidden twins also simplicity of exhaust , it get tricky with singles.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

cheers

tim

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg
Those 55s are bb I think. Certainly at a higher boost level there will be a bigger performance delta in the favor of the 62.

Timbuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550
Those 55s are bb I think. Certainly at a higher boost level there will be a bigger performance delta in the favor of the 62.
58mm. yes agreed. added to that guess Running the stock 17 manifold they seem to run out of flow around 7000 anyway and start to fall away , so those turbo’s might start to run out off puff also.
my new build is 10:1 comp So will need a little more boost to yield similar numbers to gen3 stuff.

tarek‘s car …… and as far as I can see all the northmead TT cars run the GTX3076R. 58mm turbo with slightly bigger turbine wheel. ( as per there FB comments).

IMG_6228.png

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
58mm. yes agreed. added to that guess Running the stock 17 manifold they seem to run out of flow around 7000 anyway and start to fall away , so those turbo’s might start to run out off puff also.
my new build is 10:1 comp So will need a little more boost to yield similar numbers to gen3 stuff.

tarek‘s car …… and as far as I can see all the northmead TT cars run the GTX3076R. 58mm turbo with slightly bigger turbine wheel. ( as per there FB comments).

IMG_6228.png
Ah. I didn't see you lads are talking pulsars there . 58mm is correct. I am running 64s on my build, but I really wanted a different set of turbos. Just couldn't get them because borg ran out. If you can swing it those gamma-ti Borg's are the ones to run
Sponsored