Sponsored

Tunes that remove fake engine noise

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Our cars do not have "Active noise cancelling" the fake sound is added to outside road and engine noise. Theres nothing on these cars that actually cancels out any noise, just adds fake noise on top of what you're already hearing.
Yes they do, GTs get it too. lots of fords (and other modern cars) do.
Sponsored

Deleted member

Yes they do, GTs get it too. lots of fords (and other modern cars) do.
Having Microphones that pic up noise and play something fake is not noise cancelling, just pumping in a fake sound. Take away the microphone and you'll still hear the same noises minus the fake crap out of the speakers. The cabin of the car doesn't magically get louder, or the sound deadening do its job any less well without the fake noise. In fact my interior was quieter after the fake sound was removed.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you never heard of noise cancelling headphones? go try a set like the Sony 1000MX or the Bose QC35. Basically they play a sound which cancels out the noises its trying to block.

Deleted member

Have you never heard of noise cancelling headphones? go try a set like the Sony 1000MX or the Bose QC35. Basically they play a sound which cancels out the noises its trying to block.

I 100% get what you are saying, I'm not arguing how that works. All im saying is that fake noise instead of real noise is still noise. Vibration, road, and wind noise don't increase without the active sound you're just hearing them instead of fake noise.

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
For some reason I can't seem to find the mic at the rear of the headliner on my 2019 EB PP ... anyone have a pic handy? I saw the vid out there with the lady doing it, but didn't see anything on the underside of the liner here?

Sponsored

Eco206

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang ecoboost
For some reason I can't seem to find the mic at the rear of the headliner on my 2019 EB PP ... anyone have a pic handy? I saw the vid out there with the lady doing it, but didn't see anything on the underside of the liner here?
Ive heard that you can pull fuse 27 from the passenger fuse box. Some people say it helps others don't. Check your owners manual and verify it is 27 for the amplifier and try it

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
Ive heard that you can pull fuse 27 from the passenger fuse box. Some people say it helps others don't. Check your owners manual and verify it is 27 for the amplifier and try it
Thanks but from what I have read it also kills the factory audio (yeah got the 4.2 base but hey.. It's "tunes".. can't drive without em LOL). I have an obd2 on order now and will see if the Forescan route does it. Been wanting to try the other mods too, so we'll see!

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
Got the deed done the other day, but you know what.. I guess I am ok with the fake as it will also kill the ANC along with it.

For now, anyway LOL.. Was pretty cool to enable the boost gauge in the center cluster display too. And now that I have a sync 3 conversion coming with the premium bezel / toggles I believe the drive modes will be enabled with a quick edit or two. Learning learning.. love this car man!

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got the deed done the other day, but you know what.. I guess I am ok with the fake as it will also kill the ANC along with it.
Which method did you use to kill the fake exhaust noise? AFAIK doing it with forescan doesn't remove ANC, but unplugging the mic does

jbeckva

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco with PP
Which method did you use to kill the fake exhaust noise? AFAIK doing it with forescan doesn't remove ANC, but unplugging the mic does
Just the value here..

727-01-01 : xxxx x?xx xxxx

For me I had an A in that position. Changed it to 8 so figure a single bit was toggled off. Hmm.. I'll have to try again and see if I can hear the ANC "effect" or not (kind of hard when you're NOT supposed to hear it).
Sponsored