Sponsored

Tunes that remove fake engine noise

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
That makes sense. Now, other question...

How’s the cabin noise without the ANC?

I moved from a noisy 13 Scion tC, so its real quiet to me. I had to disable the anc due to installing JL Stealthbox.

I have full sound system
So honestly I don’t hear any noise, even when music is like on 6-8 my gf and me drive comfortably talking w low music in background

Just disable it and drive around, I think you’d like the quality sound and better music vs little road noise you didn’t hear anyway
Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I moved from a noisy 13 Scion tC, so its real quiet to me. I had to disable the anc due to installing JL Stealthbox.

I have full sound system
So honestly I don’t hear any noise, even when music is like on 6-8 my gf and me drive comfortably talking w low music in background
Thanks for the answer. I have the shaker premium sound, if disabling the ANC will sound better, that’s a plus.

I guess I’ll get a Forscan OBD that can disable it. Any suggestions?

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
Hold on, check my last reply I edited it

I bought this 29 dollars works charm. You literally change one code, so I mean. Why not? Find other items to change while doing it. Chimes etc out front dash way better than all speakers- takes 1 minute to turn on, or off.

No real reason not buy the dongle. Takes a few minutes to register on forescan forum but no biggie

OHP ELMconfig Forscan OBD2 Adapter with MS-Can & HS-Can Switch for Ford DIY Diagnostics on Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F0GVBWY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_RxALadkgirRki

ACM 727-01-02 xxXX xx 00= Fake Engine Noise Off 55=Fake Engine Noise On

crimsonshade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 ecoboost mustang, 1993 LX mustang 5.0
I am looking at investing in forscan adapter but for now i have just unplugged the ACN mic at the rear of the headliner. It was causing my ears to bleed when it tried to adapt for my MBRP race exhaust that i recently installed.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP

Theripcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
How easy is forscan to use? Is it possible to screw things up or will it not let you?

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it will let you screw things up, but its also not hard to do it right. You can back up the data before changing it, so unless you totally brick it, you can restore it to how it was before.

Its pretty easy to go to the right spot and write the right codes though

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
It’s cake to use. Save backup before you do anything
Within 2 minutes you’ll understand its operation

I personally didn’t save a copy, but I had all the codes I wanted to change wrote down Incase I messed up

I just took a photo of them Incase I wanted to reset them lol z

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Wow. Didn’t realize the Ecoboost added all these things for noise.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Didn’t realize the Ecoboost added all these things for noise.
The microphones are for active noise cancellation, so they have a good reason to be there.

The fake exhaust sound though is common in a lot of cars, the GT has a diaphram to pump intake noises into hte cabin as well, and a lot of owners remove that because they dont like it.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The microphones are for active noise cancellation, so they have a good reason to be there.

The fake exhaust sound though is common in a lot of cars, the GT has a diaphram to pump intake noises into hte cabin as well, and a lot of owners remove that because they dont like it.
I’m aware the 5.0 has a sound tube. I was being a little sarcastic. The IL4 sound is not the 5.0’s though. The 5.0 produces a throaty sound the IL4 produces not much of a sound imho so it is odd that Ford out that there that’s all but I’m not surprised. I wouldn’t know though.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
I think the engine sounds better with it turned off myself I don’t mind the engine noise. Music sounds better too. Double win.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
IL4 produces not much of a sound imho
Hence the fake noise. IMO once you go aftermarket exhaust you should turn it off.

Also, our T4's sound way worse then a lot of the hot hatch T4's around which is unfortunate. But then again I doubt Ford would want an i30N sounding Mustang either.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hence the fake noise. IMO once you go aftermarket exhaust you should turn it off.

Also, our T4's sound way worse then a lot of the hot hatch T4's around which is unfortunate. But then again I doubt Ford would want an i30N sounding Mustang either.
I mean I have a 18 5.0 and took the sound tubes out. My car is loud though. But no drone. Corsa xtreme active catback, tune, Roush intake= loud

Deleted member

That did not work for me. It caused the noise cancelling to stop working and the overall noise level went up so i hooked the microphone back up.

For me the fake engine sound just sounded weird. Couldn't put my finger on it, just something didn't sound right. When i installed the FP tune the weirdness stopped and i couldn't be happier.
Our cars do not have "Active noise cancelling" the fake sound is added to outside road and engine noise. Theres nothing on these cars that actually cancels out any noise, just adds fake noise on top of what you're already hearing.
Sponsored