Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
Hey guys , so I'm still new to this and I'm sure this is a very noobish question ... but can you install a tuner kit without the upgraded injectors and fuel system and still be fine ? or do you still need to purchase injectors and pump when you buy a tuner kit ? what's the difference?
Sponsored

EPTS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
It really depends on the kit, the overall goal and the fuel type. Injectors would be a good idea from the get go. I would recommend you talk to your Tuner and see what they recommend with the setup you are looking at.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
my personal preference would be a 2650 tvs vmp . I like how it gives a bigger low end hit

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
The thing to take away from a tuner kit vs a regular kit is that one is complete and often comes with a low horsepower tune. These kits will have everything to get you up and running. The tuner kit is an almost complete kit that is missing a few select items like tuning and injectors so that you can supply them yourself and set your kit up how you want. Some just want a few extra boosted ponies and a warranty with instructions while others want to push 1000rwhp and send it.

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
  • Banned
The thing to take away from a tuner kit vs a regular kit is that one is complete and often comes with a low horsepower tune. These kits will have everything to get you up and running. The tuner kit is an almost complete kit that is missing a few select items like tuning and injectors so that you can supply them yourself and set your kit up how you want. Some just want a few extra boosted ponies and a warranty with instructions while others want to push 1000rwhp and send it.
thanks for the response. that actually made sense and helps out alot

Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
thanks for the response. that actually made sense and helps out alot
What Jordan said. Tuner kits are catered to customers who already have or are planning on running large injectors and big fuel pumps who don't want to settle for a complete kit that will only make conservative power.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody reads the ingredients on the cereal box anymore ?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
"Complete kits" are what I call "off the shelf" kits. Very mild tuning to minimum fueling thats needed which tends to leave you wanting more and, ultimately, spending more in the long run. We do more Custom kits for customers rather than Complete kits to give the customer the most, safest power you can have thus, giving you a monster thats safe and will last. On these cars, with 93 octane, 700 RWHP is my sweet spot, sure you can make more but to me, with 93, no real need.

Let us know if we can build you a custom kit to help suit your budget and wants. These kits will cost more up front but ultimately be less in the long run.
Sponsored