Sponsored

JDM Engineering Coyote Breather Kits Now Available

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
Is that a intake manifold or a pd blower in the first pick? Something I have not seen.

I am a noob.
Yeah its the 2011-2014 Mustang cobra jet intake, it can work on a 2015 too but was designed before the 15 so not really meant for a 15+ 5.0
Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
So ive seen people with a jlt catch can on the passenger side and one breather on the driver side. Does this make any sense?

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
So ive seen people with a jlt catch can on the passenger side and one breather on the driver side. Does this make any sense?
If you mean they had an open breather filter on the valve cover on the drivers side and a catch can on the pcv line which is still connected to the intake mani, then no that isnt good since its a leak. Youll be sucking in un-metered air through the drivers side breather and it will go out the passenger side pcv line into the intake. The point of having the drivers side connected to the intake tube is so that as the passenger side sucks out air, the drivers side fills it with metered air. Having one side open and one side still connected is a vacuum leak

Either need to have them hooked up like they are suppose to be or have them both open breathers. I would only run open breathers if your boosted. There really isn't any benefit of open breathers over the stock pcv setup with catch can for naturally aspirated besides a cleaner look to the engine bay, but that isn't worth it imo, its there for more than just emissions so no reason to go open breathers w/o a s/c or turbo

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
that's what I thought... Thanks!

xMAUIxxWOWIEx

"Always go full racecar"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oz
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
We use a similar part but we include two new valve cover "nipples" and fasten them to the 45 degree fitting so the orientation does not change. Then we use squeeze clamps to hold the filters on so it looks really clean.

I am also working on a laser engraving for the top of the filters.

What do you guys think of these two options?

As for a catch can vs a breather setup...the breathers are technically not emissions legal since part of the PCV system's job is to keep fuel and oil vapors from venting to the atmosphere. In high HP applications the breathers that we designed will allow the crankcase to vent pressure better under boost and vacuum situations.

Most of these catch can systems out there are only functional under vacuum conditions. When used in a boosted application with high manifold pressure you don't want that forcing the PCV shut or back into the intake.

Breathers are best suited for turbo and centri supercharger applications.
[MENTION=16311]bmoore1488[/MENTION] like I always say.... ALWAYS go full racecar. :headbonk:

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I ran them on my 13 turbo car. Never had oil mist in the engine bay. On rare occasions you could smell them venting but very minor. If I had a centri or turbo they would be on my car.

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
have these remained the same price? no chance in coming down? :[

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
im looking to get a set of these as im boosted im just tring to figure out what gets capped on the s/c.. i know the in hose to the cai does but.the passenger side has that long pcv tube that runs down the top of the cover then t,s off one to the s/c on the side then i think theres another on the backside of the s/c .. btw im running a tvs 2300
Sponsored