Tune time

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Well after much reading various threads on tunes and giving it serious thought between four different tuners I have finally made a decision. Just purchased a 93 octane tune from PD Tuning. Can’t wait to get some data logging in. Once it gets dialed in I will be installing a methanol injection kit and tuning for that.
Sponsored

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Well after much reading various threads on tunes and giving it serious thought between four different tuners I have finally made a decision. Just purchased a 93 octane tune from PD Tuning. Can’t wait to get some data logging in. Once it gets dialed in I will be installing a methanol injection kit and tuning for that.

Which methanol injection kit do you plan to go with ?

OP
OP

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
I am leaning towards the AEM 30-3300 kit. The other one I am looking at is the Snow 2.5 kit.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
I will tell you this much the PBD 93 tune is a game changer. You’ll be smiling 😊 ear to ear. And the FF tune whooo Nelly.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I am leaning towards the AEM 30-3300 kit. The other one I am looking at is the Snow 2.5 kit.
It's a pretty good idea to get the one your tuner sells, the Snow.

Sponsored

OP
OP

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Got the base tune installed and did some data logging. Just sent them off to Ryan. Just with the first version of the tune the car felt real good. Throttle response was great. I didn’t drive it very hard just except for the data logs. Boost hit 19.85psi, still has a ways to go.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Have you upgraded your IC?

OP
OP

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Have you upgraded your IC?
yes I have

I am now on the 2nd revision, just putting some miles on it and then will send back a data log. Car is running great. Plan on doing the transmission tune next and then onto the methanol injection.

This is what I have for mods

Mishimoto clone street intercooler
S&B cold air intake
Roush catback exhaust
JLT catch can
NGK Ruthenium stock heat range plugs

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Are there any limitations to having a methanol injection kit without an aftermarket downpipe with high flow cat.?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I never even thought about this.
Neither have I, but since they have tightened things up concerning downpipes and catalytic converters, I'm wondering how our modifications will perform with exhaust restrictions!??
Sponsored