TSB for Secondary Cam Chain Tensioner

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Maybe just barely activated? Hell if I can tell but there is ZERO give on the chain itself.
It appears that your groove is just barely out of its cylinder/cavity, but it is indeed visible. However, I'm not sure if that means it's activated or not.
Sponsored

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It appears that your groove is just barely out of its cylinder/cavity, but it is indeed visible. However, I'm not sure if that means it's activated or not.

Right. I'd feel much better if they'd listed measurements.

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning

Rotate the crank shaft from 12:00 to 8:30 and you should see the groove rise. Mine was like yours then I rotated the crank and it came way up.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! Just did the oil priming procedure and it did come way up!
Rotate the crank shaft from 12:00 to 8:30 and you should see the groove rise. Mine was like yours then I rotated the crank and it came way up.
20210429_101826.jpg

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Stupid question - what's the best way to rotate the crank pulley (wrench) and how do you know if it's in the 12:00, 8:30 or any other positoin?

Sponsored

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
Stupid question - what's the best way to rotate the crank pulley (wrench) and how do you know if it's in the 12:00, 8:30 or any other positoin?
Just a socket wrench and I used a piece of masking tape to mark the 12:00 position. It doesn't matter where you make the 12:00 position its the distance you rotate the crank.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I oil-primed mine and it rose up substantially just now. Keep one foot on the clutch and the other on the gas - to the floor- , depress the start button and the motor will turn over without starting but you could eat valves if it is indeed out of time.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I see. You’re one of those guys who relishes the idea that other people might have the same misfortune as you...enough to completely make things up.
Quite the opposite, actually. My 2016 has been perfect from the day I picked it up, just like over 99% of all of the GT350's made since 2015. Some have been mismanufactured or had early manufacturing defects, but by and large the design and execution of the GT350 and the Voodoo have been excellent.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The way it looks to me is there will be two metal cylinders when the part is activated. A smaller one inside the larger one, with the smaller one sticking out. I think the "grove" is not a machined notch or such, but where the smaller cylinder sticks out of the larger.

Question: Is this becoming perhaps the smoking gun sort of evidence that might explain some of the engine failures which have been discussed. Having proper chain tension on these quite long chains seems a critical thing.
Hello; I stand corrected somewhat. with additional pictures posted there does seem to be a machined groove in the smaller cylinder.

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I oil-primed mine and it rose up substantially just now. Keep one foot on the clutch and the other on the gas - to the floor- , depress the start button and the motor will turn over without starting but you could eat valves if it is indeed out of time.
Checked mine again after sitting overnight. Looked like groove just visible. Started the engine ran for 20 seconfs or so checked it again it was substantially up.

Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
If there is a problem, I thought these engines were not to be torn down by the dealer,
but replaced instead. Something change?

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Just a socket wrench and I used a piece of masking tape to mark the 12:00 position. It doesn't matter where you make the 12:00 position its the distance you rotate the crank.
Do you turn clockwise, or counter-clockwise? Does it matter?