Sponsored

TSB for Secondary Cam Chain Tensioner

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Thanks. A lot of good info on this site, but some of these threads scare the shit out of me.
Agreed, especially if are not the most knowledgeable when it comes to these things. That is why car friends are a blessing :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Last edited:

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I went out with a small mirror today and checked mine... All is good! You definitely need a small mirror and flashlight to see it.

8AECAD76-2C6B-4000-9F13-81A25EFD2CC4.jpeg

rdrarmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord Coupe V6, 2020 GT350R
I am literally shaking my head at this. How in the heck can someone overlook something like this? I know itā€™s hand built and put together and mistakes can happen, but cā€™mon now! My biggest concern since this issue has been identified that they are only offering half of a solution meaning by checking only one side, Iā€™m left to go on the assumption that if one side is good to go that the other side will be the same. I donā€™t know if I want to trust that now.

Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I am literally shaking my head at this. How in the heck can someone overlook something like this? I know itā€™s hand built and put together and mistakes can happen, but cā€™mon now! My biggest concern since this issue has been identified that they are only offering half of a solution meaning by checking only one side, Iā€™m left to go on the assumption that if one side is good to go that the other side will be the same. I donā€™t know if I want to trust that now.
Yes, I agree but it does ease people's minds in that the issue with some of these cars experiencing snapped valves is now known. I applaud the original poster for bringing this up.

I thought they were closing the Romeo line down- I wonder if there is a transition underway an things got lost in the change or what?

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I agree 100%. Iā€™m tempted to pull the valve cover on the other side. Ford should pull the drivers valve cover and check it. The cost of a little labor and a gasket is worth being 100% sure.. IMO - Any Ford Techā€™s in here reading this?

OP
OP
The Chairman

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I thought they were closing the Romeo line down- I wonder if there is a transition underway an things got lost in the change or what?
Closing the Romeo Plant is still a few years away. In the meantime, itā€™s still cranking out new Coyote and Predator engines.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
My vin said no recall. Don't know my build date.

I can't make out my engine builder. Phil Puzano? šŸ™

This certainly should be a sticky.

20210307_175559.jpg

Sponsored

hbjones65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 (Chassis No. L0244) - HEP
Whew. I feel better now. I bought a $1.99 telescoping inspection mirror at AutoZone today because I just had to know; I didn't really want to drive it to the dealer if there was even a chance the secondary chain tensioner hadn't been activated. Looks right to me. I also took a picture of my engine builder's signature...looks like Brian K Ledger.

Someone brought up a good point though, should we also be worried about the driver side one???

Hopefully, Field Service Action No. 21B26 explains some of the documented engine failures on very low-mileage 2019 and 2020 engines.

Thanks for the discussion here in this forum. I was expecting to see the good stuff on GT350.org, but this seems like the place to be. Ha Ha

L0244 Engine Builder (Brian K Ledger).jpg

L0244 Secondary Chain Tensioner - Activated FULL SIZE.jpg

Last edited:

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Car on recall list. Checked with mirror right side. Seems to be activated.. Can see grove. Engine builder Shane Granit. Regardless have apptointment with dealer next week.
I had the same engine builder. I do not know my engine build date. I have appointment on Friday.

VoodooIdo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2020 Turbo GT350 and 93 Supercharged Lightning
Is there a lock out pin that should be visible? I think my 96 cobra had a pin when I replace those. Been a long time.

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
My vin said no recall. Don't know my build date.

I can't make out my engine builder. Phil Puzano? šŸ™

This certainly should be a sticky.

20210307_175559.jpg
Same builder as mine. Phil Pregano. I'm not showing a recall either.
Sponsored