trunk won't open

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350, 2005 Lotus Elise
Maybe I missed it but did you guys try the emergency key in the lock that is behind the seat back on the drivers side?
I know it's there but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should, just in case.
My coupe doesn't have that lock behind the back seat.

With the back seats folded down, I pulled the emergency handle with a grabber tool and opened the trunk. Funny thing, all the trunk openers worked again, so I threw my stuff in there. Guess what, the trunk wouldn't open when I got home. Back to the grabber.

Thanks for all the links about broken wires. I'll dig into that solution this weekend.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
My coupe doesn't have that lock behind the back seat.

With the back seats folded down, I pulled the emergency handle with a grabber tool and opened the trunk. Funny thing, all the trunk openers worked again, so I threw my stuff in there. Guess what, the trunk wouldn't open when I got home. Back to the grabber.

Thanks for all the links about broken wires. I'll dig into that solution this weekend.
Fair enough but this is the convertible section and that's what I thought I was replying to.
The trunk wiring is a pretty well known issue on '15-'17 models. I think it likely that's where you'll find your issue. Good luck!

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Fair enough but this is the convertible section and that's what I thought I was replying to.
Sorry, my mistake. I was looking for help and didn't notice I was the convertible section.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Maybe I missed it but did you guys try the emergency key in the lock that is behind the seat back on the drivers side?
I know it's there but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I should, just in case.
Got a picture of this lock? Maybe its a RHD export thing but my convertible doesn't have anything back there that I can see.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I don't know about RHD cars but this is from my owners manual. It's really tight and hard to get to but it is there.
Screenshot_20210423-232937_Drive.jpg

Sponsored

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I don't know about RHD cars but this is from my owners manual. It's really tight and hard to get to but it is there.
Yep, it's there. Funny, in the Fordpass app there is a manual that does not show this at all in the doors and locks section. That manual is listed as 20th May 2020. My OM printed in July 2017 does have it in there, and here's an actual pic for those who may not have noticed:)

IMG_5178.jpg

sk8nSam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I reconnected two broken wires and my trunk opens again! Thanks for your help. Here's the best video I found showing the solution:

Sponsored