Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
1661633676655.png

This is the milkman.
Easy now! :giggle: :like: My son in law just got one of these. A 2017 hybrid. Honestly it is pretty damn cute. Rides really well, handles and accelerates better than it should. Charges in 4 hours overnight and a single charge last 4 work days. The perfect little commuter car.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Easy now! :giggle: :like: My son in law just got one of these. A 2017 hybrid. Honestly it is pretty damn cute. Rides really well, handles and accelerates better than it should. Charges in 4 hours overnight and a single charge last 4 work days. The perfect little commuter car.
Just like the Mach-E though, I'm sure it's actually a great car but does it have to be so ugly? I don't hate the Mach-E as a car, just the looks and the name riding on the coat tails of a great car that it isn't. Also, in Ford's infinite wisdom, if you don't make yourself heard very loudly they will listen to some marketing genius that tells them that we all want that next. Quite similar to the Probe really, it wasn't a bad car either just not the next Mustang.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Step away from the edge Ira. :giggle:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Step away from the edge Ira. :giggle:
When my son in law first told me he was buying this I almost had a meltdown. Three words you never want to see in one sentence, "Used, BMW, & Hybrid. But I have to tell you a really great car, for what it is. It is also a people magnet. Can't drive 10 feet without someone saying how cute it is and asking what it is.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just like the Mach-E though, I'm sure it's actually a great car but does it have to be so ugly? I don't hate the Mach-E as a car, just the looks and the name riding on the coat tails of a great car that it isn't. Also, in Ford's infinite wisdom, if you don't make yourself heard very loudly they will listen to some marketing genius that tells them that we all want that next. Quite similar to the Probe really, it wasn't a bad car either just not the next Mustang.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's family so I go with "cute" :giggle: . And for the record the Probe was going to replace the Mustang. That's is not the case with the Mach-E. I do not like that they used the Mustang name, but I understand why they did. A fellow MOM member got a Mach-E GT and it is awesome. Just sayin'.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's family so I go with "cute" :giggle: . And for the record the Probe was going to replace the Mustang. That's is not the case with the Mach-E. I do not like that they used the Mustang name, but I understand why they did. A fellow MOM member got a Mach-E GT and it is awesome. Just sayin'.
Not only did it nearly replace the Mustang, but people all thought the V8, RWD car was a thing of the past as well. Until a massive outcrying from Mustang people everywhere woke them up to what the buying public really wanted. The older I get, the more I realize that everything is just a recycled version of something that has happened before.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Thereā€™s something about the name Probe that makes me want to pull my shorts out of my behind. :)

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I bought a Probe for my daughter at one point. I thought it was a pretty good car. Shows what I know; I thought they were basically a Mazda 626. Never occurred to me it was Mustang related.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I donā€™t like the Mach E, never will. I am actually confused as the Mach E and Lighting are accepted as cool among some old school car guys I know. I donā€™t like electric being forced on us.
I couldnā€™t agree more!

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
How funny. That meme was in yesterday's Power Line blog "week in pictures" Saturday feature.

Debate all you want about whether the Mach E is a good vehicle; using a famous brand to sell something that is inconsistent with the brand's market is a total marketing fail. Just ask the dummies who came up with the Cadillac Cimarron. Those would be the same dummies who didn't figure out why the Chevy Nova didn't sell well in Latin America. Or why a Cadillac badged Nova didn't sell anywhere....lol

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
How funny. That meme was in yesterday's Power Line blog "week in pictures" Saturday feature.

Debate all you want about whether the Mach E is a good vehicle; using a famous brand to sell something that is inconsistent with the brand's market is a total marketing fail. Just ask the dummies who came up with the Cadillac Cimarron. Those would be the same dummies who didn't figure out why the Chevy Nova didn't sell well in Latin America. Or why a Cadillac badged Nova didn't sell anywhere....lol
Debate all you want on the marketing of the Mach-E but sales of it have been through the roof. Ford nailed it. Of course, us Mustang diehards hate it but we are a tiny subset of the market.

Interestingly, I read that most owners do not refer to them as Mustangs since that is really the brand name, not the model name. Kind of like us saying we own a Ford Mustang. We just say Mustang.
Sponsored