18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
SO STOP SAYING
WARRANTIES ARE NOT VOIDED. WARRANTY CLAIMS ON THE OTHER HAND CAN BE DENIED.
WARRANTIES ARE NOT VOIDED. WARRANTY CLAIMS ON THE OTHER HAND CAN BE DENIED.[/QUOTE]

But can they void the warranty on my magnetride?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Let the big boys play...

Technically, YES, the Ford New Car Warranty CAN BE VOIDED
Edited for length, but I'll bow out of the thread as this post sums up exactly what I was trying to say.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If not a direct and physical change to a part, the manufacturer must prove that some other usage/modification of the vehicle caused the failure of something in order to deny warranty, from a legal point of view. This means that if you hack up your exhaust, any attempt to get a warranty claim on the exhaust paid for is out the door. It also means that for something like a tune, Ford must provide evidence that the tune caused a failure in order to deny warranty work. Again, this is all from a legal point of view. From a practical perspective, good luck fighting a multi billion dollar corporation if your engine gets damaged (that you had tuned), even if the reason for the failure didn't actually come from the tune.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
All I can say is with social media so in your face, don’t beat your stang at the track... break a few parts because you didn’t know and try to bring it back in for warranty / lemon law claims.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Who has more money for better lawyers? You or the dealer/Ford? Yes your warranty can be voided

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I have found no warranty is void. I simple 25 dollar fee paid down at city hall gives me the legal right to stand on the city owned street corner in front of the dealer and have a protest of one with a sign that spells out truthfully my issues... makes a dealer want to talk real quick.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Who has more money for better lawyers? You or the dealer/Ford? Yes your warranty can be voided
15 U.S.C. 2310(d)(2)
If a consumer finally prevails in any action brought under paragraph (1) of this subsection, he may be allowed by the court to recover as part of the judgment a sum equal to the aggregate amount of cost and expenses (including attorneys’ fees based on actual time expended) determined by the court to have been reasonably incurred by the plaintiff for or in connection with the commencement and prosecution of such action, unless the court in its discretion shall determine that such an award of attorneys’ fees would be inappropriate.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Difference between a car that "has a warranty" but can not have warranty claims filed on it versus a car without a warranty is?.......??????

Stupid statement.

BTW? You're also wrong. So stop BS'ing everyone.

https://www.edmunds.com/auto-warranty/what-voids-your-vehicles-warranty.html

https://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/28/5-things-will-void-car-warranty/

North Carolina Law states, verbatim:

BUT A WARRANTY CAN BE VOIDED OR REPAIRS DENIED

It is possible for a manufacturer or dealer to void a warranty
or to deny warranty repairs. To do so, they must be able to demonstrate that improper repairs, improper maintenance or improper upgrades resulted in damage to the component that is subject to your warranty claim dispute.

If your engine fails and your warranty claim is denied because you changed the oil yourself, that's not good enough. If they can document that the wrong type of oil was installed, too much or too little oil used, or the oil changes weren't performed according to the maintenance schedule, they may be able to deny the claim and win. If your engine failed and they are trying to say that your new tires caused it to fail, that's not good enough. They may still try to deny it, at which point you should contact the North Carolina Attorney General's Office or a lawyer.
Same page

Your entire warranty can't be voided
It's a common tactic. Manufacturers or dealers will imply that they won't do any more work on your vehicle because your warranty is 'void.' If we go back to the failed engine example, your warranty for your vehicle electronics can't be voided if the warranty for your engine is voided.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
15 U.S.C. 2310(d)(2)
If a consumer finally prevails in any action brought under paragraph (1) of this subsection, he may be allowed by the court to recover as part of the judgment a sum equal to the aggregate amount of cost and expenses (including attorneys’ fees based on actual time expended) determined by the court to have been reasonably incurred by the plaintiff for or in connection with the commencement and prosecution of such action, unless the court in its discretion shall determine that such an award of attorneys’ fees would be inappropriate.
It's also illegal and considered littering to throw cigarettes
butts out your window... But guess what?

If you have tens of thousands of dollars to risk go for it

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
This is a troll thread.

People that say a warranty claim can get denied versus people that say your warranty is void on a certain part... Yes, the wording is different, but the end result is still the same. People mean the same thing by both statements.

This situation is like saying irregardless versus saying without regard. They mean the same thing but nobody ever uses the word irregardless in the correct context.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Lol. Lot’s of smart people on a mustang forum...
Well I might not be that smart, but I can read.
https://www.ncconsumer.org/news-articles-eg/making-the-most-of-your-auto-warranty.html

YOUR ENTIRE WARRANTY CAN'T BE VOIDED
It's a common tactic. Manufacturers or dealers will imply that they won't do any more work on your vehicle because your warranty is 'void.' If we go back to the failed engine example, your warranty for your vehicle electronics can't be voided if the warranty for your engine is voided.

Now this article is from North Carolina but I’d be willing to bet it is same for the other states as well.
Sponsored