Sponsored

True IMRC Delete vs. Lock out

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
As in previous Mustangs...the IRMCs have a rod through the intake runners with small throttle blades screwed into them. As opposed to just “locking out” and still having an obstruction in the intake runner, has anyone actually removed the IRMC completely and free up runner much how the Cobra Jet has no obstruction
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It's a very, very small obstruction and one that is eliminated by porting. The CJ manifold makes more power because of the direct feed from the plenum, the runner lengths and huge throttle body inlet.

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's a very, very small obstruction and one that is eliminated by porting. The CJ manifold makes more power because of the direct feed from the plenum, the runner lengths and huge throttle body inlet.
I’m familiar with the CJ Intake only using the example of it not having any obstructions.

How it is eliminated by porting? Is there not a rod that goes through the intake runners like on previous mustang?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I’m familiar with the CJ Intake only using the example of it not having any obstructions.

How it is eliminated by porting? Is there not a rod that goes through the intake runners like on previous mustang?
There is not. The runner is almost completely open when the IMRCs are open, and the porting will smooth out the edges that are just barely in the flow.
Screenshot_2018-09-04-19-45-27.png

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I thought the same thing a while back until I got my 18 mani. Now after seeing it there is nothing to be gained by removing the valves. They are beautifully tucked into the molding for them when opened.

Sponsored

OP
OP

The01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good to know. Appreciate the info since I haven’t had a chance to look a manifold other than pics

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the same thing a while back until I got my 18 mani. Now after seeing it there is nothing to be gained by removing the valves. They are beautifully tucked into the molding for them when opened.
The same is true on the 15-17 manifold.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
+1 I have looked at them on the 18 mani and the GT350, they fold perfectly into the manifold. If you removed them you would then have a large space in the manifold wall and I'm sure that would disrupt the airflow more.
Sponsored