Tru-x Resonator?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
Need some help gaining more sound without going with a H/X pipe. As a 10 speed owner, my old setup was Steeda Axle backs/ Corsa HHpipe which was way too loud where driving the car was no fun. (Maybe im getting old but it was a cop magnet for sure).

After going back to a stock exhaust i bought the Corsa Sport Axle backs which sound great paired up with the Stock Resonator, but if i put a H/X pipe, like corsa stated it turns into the Corsa Extremes lol, so im looking for the middle man im trying to boost my volume from a 4 to a 6 or 6.5, i would say my old setup was a 8/10 in loudness.

If i had a 6 speed this wouldnt be an issue but that 10 speed is non stop noise at least with this current setup the car sounds stock at cursing speeds.

Does anyone have any sound clips with the Tru-X? Will i gain any volume? I know i will get better flow, but if its going to get quieter then i dont want it. Thanks
Sponsored

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
i was curious about the tru-x as well. I had a custom H pipe made last thursday to pair with my stock active exhaust ,and after less than a day of driving around with it I went back and had the stock resonator put back on. It wasn't so much the loudness that bugged me, but it was:

1) the increase in volume created this high pitch bell-dinging/rattle sound from what I would imagine to be the valve vibrating from the increased volume of exhaust flow

2) the sound was too raspy, and localized where the resonator used to be, as opposed to stock form where the sound was uniform

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
MF Tru X is stock volume or even less. Comes in handy if going long tubes but want to keep volume down but would not recommend if trying to increase volume.

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
i was curious about the tru-x as well. I had a custom H pipe made last thursday to pair with my stock active exhaust ,and after less than a day of driving around with it I went back and had the stock resonator put back on. It wasn't so much the loudness that bugged me, but it was:

1) the increase in volume created this high pitch bell-dinging/rattle sound from what I would imagine to be the valve vibrating from the increased volume of exhaust flow

2) the sound was too raspy, and localized where the resonator used to be, as opposed to stock form where the sound was uniform

From my experiences with Exhausts and the different variations i had,

Stock exhaust being a 3.5 in loudness

Corsa HHpipe /w Stock Mufflers: A good sound, loudish cold starts, no drone, got loud in higher rpms, about 10% increase in sound nothing crazy - Rating : 4 in loudness

Corsa HHpipe /w Steeda Axlebacks (roush)(sounds the same tbh): Warm starts were loud all the time which was great!, cold starts insane lol, cruising was always loud, gassing the car with the 10 speed felt like a trumpet 24/7, gave it a mean sound sounded like it was sucking air lmao when the rev was done, never made popping noise (sad face), but no drone - Rating: 8 in loudness

Steeda Axlebacks /w Stock Resonator: Was a great sound as well, sounded deep, very old school muscle car, cold starts were loud but not crazy, car made popping noises more then full catback, sounded loud in the mid range of rpms, quiet while cruising - Rating: 5 in loudness

While i sold my old setup waiting months before corsa shipped my exhaust i had to put on my friends 2016 GT one tip exhaust with a resonator and no mufflers some cheap brand, omg the drone was so bad i wanted to cry the car was shaking from the vibrations coming from it, i was embarrassed to drive it. 0/10 lmao Rating: 5.5 in loudness with unbearable drone

Corsa Sport Axlebacks /w Stock Resonator (Current Setup): The corsa axlebacks sound fantastic not sure if the cold starts are louder then the steeda's, sounds deep but also sounds more free flowing, car lights up in high rpms also low rpms, car pops a little, the tone is just great, no drone what so ever, sounds quieter while cruising, tips are huge, expensive asf, definably could be loud when it wants to - Rating: 5.5 in loudness but a defined tone

What im looking for is being in the 6.5 in loudness. Im not trying to get a Resonator delete, thats just too loud for my liking, so if anyone has any ideas how to reach that, that would be great. My thoughts are getting the Tru-X will bring up the volume to that 6 or maybe 6.5, just because the corsa axle backs paired to a h pipe turns it into the extremes so if this resonator allows more flow in then stock then it should get louded then stock. But who knows thanks for hearing me out input your thoughts

OP
OP
FrankM5

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
MF Tru X is stock volume or even less. Comes in handy if going long tubes but want to keep volume down but would not recommend if trying to increase volume.

What do you recommend then?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
What do you recommend then?
Back when I had Corsa Xtremes on stock sounded great. When adding long tubes the tone got too trumpety. I added pair of Vibrant 1794s between the mufflers and double x. This killed the trumpety tone and ended up bringing the volume down as well. You could consider adding x/h back and weld in a pair of those. Wouldn't be full blown what you had before but would be between that and stock suitcase. There may be some resonated mid pipe options as well. As an example, the full AWE Touring catback includes a resonated H. You contact them and see I'd they would sell you just that piece. In my experience they were very accommodating. When I cut my Corsa mufflers off but kept the double x and long tubes, they sent me just the rear section of the Touring catback and worked out great.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
+1. Had one on my 2018 GT and took it back off the same day, made it quieter than stock at higher RPMs.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
+1. Had one on my 2018 GT and took it back off the same day, made it quieter than stock at higher RPMs.
Catless long tube with the MF and stock mufflers is similar to all stock ehaust volume. I wanted quiet and it is quiet.

XakwardX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt magnetic grey
Catless long tube with the MF and stock mufflers is similar to all stock ehaust volume. I wanted quiet and it is quiet.
do you have a video of your car? I was looking at that exact setup.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
I had the tru x on my previous 2019 GT. Its deeper and much better sounding than the stock resonator. It does get louder over time. Has a few thousand mile break in period. But when its brand new yeah it sounds like stock or maybe a tad quieter. So people get turned off. But It does get louder. For how cheap and easy it is to install I would say give it a try and see how you like it.