Sponsored

Magna flow Tru X resonator with otherwise stock catback?

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Premium PP, 2013 Scion FR-S
Has anyone tried this or a similar replacement for the stock resonator? I'd like to get a free-flowing, lighter exhaust without adding alot of noise. Thank you.
Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Has anyone tried this or a similar replacement for the stock resonator? I'd like to get a free-flowing, lighter exhaust without adding alot of noise. Thank you.
Yes, I had one installed for 3 months and very happy with sound. Very easy to install. I decided to replace complete stock system going with a full Borla 3" Cat back system using the H Pipe as part of the Borla package.

It's sitting in a box, let me know if interested and I will sell at very good prince

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I had one installed for 3 months and very happy with sound. Very easy to install. I decided to replace complete stock system going with a full Borla 3" Cat back system using the H Pipe as part of the Borla package.

It's sitting in a box, let me know if interested and I will sell at very good prince
Thank you, but after finding and reading a thread, I ordered one from cjponyparts - $200 on black friday sale. I'm picking up a stock exhaust I found for $80 this week. The car that I bought a couple days ago has a Ford Performance/Borla cat back which sounds great, but is too loud for my early morning commutes.

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Thank you, but after finding and reading a thread, I ordered one from cjponyparts - $200 on black friday sale. I'm picking up a stock exhaust I found for $80 this week. The car that I bought a couple days ago has a Ford Performance/Borla cat back which sounds great, but is too loud for my early morning commutes.
Excellent and enjoy the car. They are fun to drive

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
if you dont have a stock resonator on the car now you should put the tru x on with your current axle backs. they should sound pretty quiet with the tru x on. if you still have your stock resonator i dont think you will notice much of a difference and its def not going to be quieter than the stock resonator.

OP
OP

Open Loop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping that the Tru X will be slightly louder, slightly lighter, and slightly less restrictive in an otherwise stock exhaust than it would be on a completely stock exhaust.

The exhaust I have now has an x pipe rather than a resonator.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

How heavy is it vs. stock resonator ?

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I'm hoping that the Tru X will be slightly louder, slightly lighter, and slightly less restrictive in an otherwise stock exhaust than it would be on a completely stock exhaust.

The exhaust I have now has an x pipe rather than a resonator.
sounds like it would be what you are looking for. Bmr tech has a thread called what things weigh and has the stock resonator listed at 17lbs the tru x listed at 14lbs. It is a legit xpipe so should be less restrictive than the stock res. And is slightly louder than the stock res. Would def quiet down the non resonates x pipe you currently have. I put a tru x in place of my x pipe but ive got headers and louder axle backs than you and it quieted it down significantly

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP

Sponsored

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma

Do you have the direct fit version of this resonated X, like the one CJ Pony sells??
https://www.cjponyparts.com/magnafl...stainless-steel-clamp-in-gt-2015-2020/p/XPG1/
Sponsored