OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
I just added a free test tune (speed limited) you can load to the car.

Load it and fire it up
Good Morning. Sir, you are the best! I saw you message, loaded it up, and before my coffee maker was done with my coffee my car started up perfectly. Let’s work a deal and get a tune going today. I’m sold! Thanks you soo much.”!

This is why Wengerd is the best….
Guy actually cares.
I’m grateful to have met him.

That's nice of Wengerd to give you that test tune, makes me glad that I went with him instead of some of the other options. Guy is always answering emails and questions for us.
Yes i really appreciate his professionalism!
Sponsored

Last edited:

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Glad to hear that it resolved the issue. Sucks that you couldn't get the original tuner to work on fixing the issue with you without so much back and forth. But I've been tuned by Wengerd for two years now and haven't had any hiccups, he's a solid guy.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear that it resolved the issue. Sucks that you couldn't get the original tuner to work on fixing the issue with you without so much back and forth. But I've been tuned by Wengerd for two years now and haven't had any hiccups, he's a solid guy.
i appreciate the kind words. He is great 👍 and hey man, you live and you learn. I hope my thread helps another enthusiasts with their troubleshooting and their options for tuning.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Check out those fuel trims. Looking great. Nice job on the install. i Went ahead and added our logging config as well so we get our additional parameters recorded

Issue resolved.png

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I would definitely go back to Lund and get your money back. Hopefully you paid by credit card so if they refuse you can dispute it. Still blows my mind they refused to take a second look at their work. Ive had nothing but good luck in the past with them but i also dont want to become the next. Leaves me trying to find a new tuner when I switch over to e85...

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would definitely go back to Lund and get your money back. Hopefully you paid by credit card so if they refuse you can dispute it. Still blows my mind they refused to take a second look at their work. Ive had nothing but good luck in the past with them but i also dont want to become the next. Leaves me trying to find a new tuner when I switch over to e85...
sounded like he sent them one last message but it's still the weekend so we don't know if they were going to reply back with yet

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sounded like he sent them one last message but it's still the weekend so we don't know if they were going to reply back with yet
Soo far this morning, I have been Working with Wengerd on the tune. Soo far Soo good. 👍

Lund did send me a message but at this point it’s unorthodox what kind of troubleshooting they want me to do. Conversation is below. And it’s going to be screenshots from my email so no one can say it’s a false convo.

***I AM NOT BASHING LUND, I AMJUST SHARING MY EXPERIENCE***

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

Last edited:

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like they wanted you to put your original air intake on the car to try to rule anything related to the blower install. I'd be annoyed trying to help someone who won't do what you ask, and then they go out and get another tune in the middle of it.

They basically send the same file out to anyone with a Vortech, Procharger, etc. they just make small changes for the customers specific stuff, injectors, MAF, etc.

Unless there was something that didn't get communicated properly about the setup, there's not much to change in the tune on a basic blower setup. And the vast majority of the time it's something on the install side that went wrong so they want to rule that out first.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like they wanted you to put your original air intake on the car to try to rule anything related to the blower install. I'd be annoyed trying to help someone who won't do what you ask, and then they go out and get another tune in the middle of it.

They basically send the same file out to anyone with a Vortech, Procharger, etc. they just make small changes for the customers specific stuff, injectors, MAF, etc.

Unless there was something that didn't get communicated properly about the setup, there's not much to change in the tune on a basic blower setup. And the vast majority of the time it's something on the install side that went wrong so they want to rule that out first.
and I completely understand. Really, I do. However removing and checking and reinstalling also is annoying as the customer after almost a week of troubleshooting. Wengerd took care of me and did it in 3 hours what they could not do in 7 days.

and again ’m not bashing them, I have the utmost respect for Lund, I’m just not satisfied with their service as a customer for this specific Order. That’s it. And I was respectful towards them. No hostility or anything.

I am sharing my experience to help others.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
LOL not surprised one bit your car runs fine with Wengerds tune. The tune for this blower is pretty damn simple. Its wild to me a company that sells tunes to people wont even assist them. Another negative Lund thread on the biggest mustang forum on the internet. It's actually comical.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Check out those fuel trims. Looking great.
Load looks a lot better too, 1.14 at idle. Shakes head.

The idiot at Lund did not look at the log.

God syndrome over there. Why anyone gives them money is beyond me.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did I not say they would resist the idea that it's the tune?

You're not the first person this has happened to and some very HIGH PROFILE people in our community had similar problems and if they have problems, what can anyone who's a little guy hope to expect.

"We've done thousands of cars" is their standard response. It's almost like the standard response from an insurance provider who rejects your claim initially as policy.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did I not say they would resist the idea that it's the tune?

You're not the first person this has happened to and some very HIGH PROFILE people in our community had similar problems and if they have problems, what can anyone who's a little guy hope to expect.

"We've done thousands of cars" is their standard response. It's almost like the standard response from an insurance provider who rejects your claim initially as policy.
Yup, No more rose colored glasses. I am aware now.

5.0hio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sorry you had to go through all that, OP. Your experience has sold me on Wengerd when/if I go boost. Consider a chargeback on the other; sounds like a defective product.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry you had to go through all that, OP. Your experience has sold me on Wengerd when/if I go boost. Consider a chargeback on the other; sounds like a defective product.
don’t be, I gained more than I lost. Money can be replaced. I’m glad my story will help you later on with your car. Good luck 👍
Sponsored