Sponsored

Troubleshooting my newly installed ESS G2 kit

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2004 350z, 2019 Nissan Titan
Hey everyone. I normally don’t log in but read alot on the forums. Having a snag at my install if anyone could help me.

ESS G2 Kit w/115 Pulley
VMP Bap
2020+ Shelby GT500 Fuel Injectors
IMRC Lockouts
Stock Headers, Aftermarket HFCs
3inch Exhaust
Lund Racing base map

Backstory:

the Base Tune was uploaded Saturday morning after the install of all supercharger parts, injectors and other electronic devices. Car would not hold idle after several attempts and died after a few seconds.

I loaded the restore stock tune, then reloaded the new base file they sent me. Still has the same issue. A short data Log had been sent thru TDN to Lund For Review. They claimed that I may have a vacuum leak or the engine is choking. I don’t see how. This car had an NA Lund Tune on it prior to install and ran perfect….

What I checked:

Boost line to Bypass valve is good and opens in vacuum, all imrc lockouts were installed, no fuel or vacuum leaks. IMRCs installed correctly. All connectors to injectors and spark boots were on snug. Belt has no slippage and is routed correctly. I did notice alot of fuel coming out the exhaust tips and pooling on the ground. I didn’t want to continue in fear of washing out my cylinders with fuel.

What I can replace just in case:
I got a new battery on standby if that is the issue. Voltage level is fine.
Thanks for anyone’s help….

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I don't have boost, but on a previous car when I did this happened to me. My dumb ass forgot to remove the rag I plugged the throttle with to keep debris out while I worked on the car

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
I had similar symptoms when my throttle body connector was left disconnected.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't have boost, but on a previous car when I did this happened to me. My dumb ass forgot to remove the rag I plugged the throttle with to keep debris out while I worked on the car
Thank you for that, but I don’t have anything in the piping or Throttle body that would obstruct airflow. I triple checked my work even making sure the IMRCs were locked open. I’m at A loss at this point. :-/

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had similar symptoms when my throttle body connector was left disconnected.
thank you, yes my TB is connected properly. It’s snug with the red clip pushed in to lock it in place.

Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I had those same symptoms when I blew a coupler off. I know you said you checked it all, but make sure that the silicon couplers are all fully attached and the band clamps are tight. Mine was on the intercooler to MAF pipe and it was hard to find it initially.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had those same symptoms when I blew a coupler off. I know you said you checked it all, but make sure that the silicon couplers are all fully attached and the band clamps are tight. Mine was on the intercooler to MAF pipe and it was hard to find it initially.
Thanks for your advice. Everything is good there and all the other clamps are on tight.

IMG_6203.jpeg

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Is the MAF Sensor facing the correct direction?

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Do any of the silicone couplers have holes or damage to them? They do need to get squeezed around some sharp sheet metal; one of them could be damaged, and that wouldn't be apparent.

You could also try pressurizing the system to see if you can hear any leaks.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Kit and Injectors are ALL brand new also. Not used at all, and I know there are several different types of GT500 oem injectors based on the year, and I informed Lund that I had the 2020+ (M-9593-M55GT) but they said they do this combo all the time and I should not have any issues with the base file.

I just see alot of unburned fuel on my attempts to start up coming out the exhaust. My original thought was a calibration issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do any of the silicone couplers have holes or damage to them? They do need to get squeezed around some sharp sheet metal; one of them could be damaged, and that wouldn't be apparent.

You could also try pressurizing the system to see if you can hear any leaks.
Thanks, I will check now with the piping. Pressurizing the system would have to be at a shop. I don’t have that capability in my garage.

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
What about the BAP? Could you unplug that and try to start and idle without that in place? I don't have the BAP in mine, as I opted for a new DW415 setup, but if you see a bunch of extra fuel, I wonder about that. I would check with someone else on that, though; I'm not sure if that would cause an issue to start and idle without that hooked up.

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I will check now with the piping. Pressurizing the system would have to be at a shop. I don’t have that capability in my garage.
I was able to accomplish this with a pancake compressor, a silicone couple, and some plumbing fittings to make a pressure tester, not sure if you have access to that, but it's always handy to have a leak tester.

Mine is similar to this: https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/wrenchin-wednesday-diy-boost-leak-detector/

OP
OP
BluestreamDE

BluestreamDE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the BAP? Could you unplug that and try to start and idle without that in place? I don't have the BAP in mine, as I opted for a new DW415 setup, but if you see a bunch of extra fuel, I wonder about that. I would check with someone else on that, though; I'm not sure if that would cause an issue to start and idle without that hooked up.
Yessir, I tried with it plugged in and on the stock configuration lol. Same results with dying after initial startup
Sponsored