Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Hi All,

New to the forum a d just bought my first mustang(was a vette guy for years). It’s a 19 PP A10. I’m planning on FI, airlift and a bunch of other goodies over the winter. I’ve researched all and made decisions on quite a few pieces, but some are giving me trouble including the exhaust. I’m a fan of that old school muscle sound, but at stupid loud levels. Car won’t be DD, just for fun. I’ve listened to clips on AWE, SW, ARH and Krona.I’ve listened to others but have come down to these as likely contenders. I don’t fully trust the online vids for sound, but get some idea. Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Are you looking for LT headers or just a mid pipe and catback?

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Catback, axle back? Do you want to keep the resonator or replace with h-pipe/x-pipe??

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I too have been checking out exhaust systems.

I plan on keeping the stock Ford shorty headers since they contribute to better low end and mid-range.

I hear nothing but positives on the Thermal R&D system. Muscle car sound, no drone, quiet with light throttle, but louder than stock once you get in it.

No packing to burn out either; system is all mechanical. Sounds the same from day 1 until.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Sorry if I wasn’t totally clear. Looking to do LTH, h pipe and new exhaust from there back as well.
Jordan,I’ve listen to the different Corsas and for whatever reason I don’t care for them as much as some others that I’ve mentioned. Just preference I’m sure. A little raspy for me.
Schmeky, from what I’ve read, I believe thermal makes gear for Krona, who is in my top few. The awe touring, krona and SW legend have been my favorites I’ve heard with LT and h

siapa0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I got the MBRP race catback that comes with the H-pipe and love it but its LOUD.

Crusch84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have factory active mufflers with Texas speed long tubes and x pipe. Its the long kit.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Most header options on these cars are well made. We don't sell a set that has issues and most of them will sound very similar. Out of the ones you listed, I would highly recommend SW though. They are well made, fit perfectly, come with everything you need and sound great.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hi All,

New to the forum a d just bought my first mustang(was a vette guy for years). It’s a 19 PP A10. I’m planning on FI, airlift and a bunch of other goodies over the winter. I’ve researched all and made decisions on quite a few pieces, but some are giving me trouble including the exhaust. I’m a fan of that old school muscle sound, but at stupid loud levels. Car won’t be DD, just for fun. I’ve listened to clips on AWE, SW, ARH and Krona.I’ve listened to others but have come down to these as likely contenders. I don’t fully trust the online vids for sound, but get some idea. Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks.
I love how the Corsas sound on the 5.0s. No drone and really wakes the car up! Give us a shout here at www.lethalperformance.com and we can help you decide which exhaust set up to go with! We also have our black Friday sales going on now!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
We like Roush X pipe and axel backs, highly recommended.

Active exhaust now living in the axel back box, under a bridge, down by the river.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Personal sound preference. When I bought this stang 2 months ago, it already had the MBRP street with H pipe. I spent several hours on youtube, and all I came away with is several have a great sound, I dont expect power increase to be anything of note, but x pipe vs h pipe on this motor, I take the h pipe sound all day.

So after all of that, and the comments I get from people, I am going to leave it alone because it is loud, it sounds like a traditional v8, and it pops and crackles a little.

OP
OP

Xander33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Yeah it’s tough. So many sound so good. Now I’m even more confused because the comments here have made me go back and listen to the corsa and man, the extreme with lt and no cats sounds menacing. I’m after that extreme loud and traditional v8 muscle sound.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Given the design of the OHC, 32 valve motor, I will go out on a limb and say. Only in one's mind will they get this motor to have a "traditional v8 muscle sound".

Have a 350 stroker motor non restricted, sprint car headers with side pipes. Hight flow GM big valve heads, HP close second with the Mustang.

The 2 cars are loud aggressive and sound totally different when throttled.
350 traditional v8 muscle sound > coyote angry hi revving sports car

What's not to like ?

atticuskid35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium - PP1, 401a, A10, AE
I’m about to pull the trigger on the Borla Atak with black tips cat-back exhaust. Love the deep aggressive tone it gives off.
Sponsored