Trickle Charger during hibernation?

JamieWS6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT, 13 Boss 302, 22 Mach 1 coming
Yeah... Unfortunately I think you're correct, my order went through, and am getting a delivery timeline of Dec12-Jan 3 lol... And this is what my tracking info says

Thinking I should probably cancel lol
Screenshot_20221122-100035.png
I ended up buying a couple from the next cheapest on Amazon before I ordered the ones listed above. Got them in 7 hours. Super quick. So I thought I would try and order the ones in this forum to see what would happen. When I ordered them the price was now at $48.00 so I ordered 2. I had a delivery date before Thanksgiving. Within about 24 hrs Amazon canceled my order stating the seller was no longer with Amazon and I was never charged. Too good to be true. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I ordered something 2 weeks ago got the chinese tracking number and it said between Dec-6 to Dec-28. It arrived today.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Some of those folks have the merchandise warehoused in the USA. Orders are shipped from there, it's not all that unusual.

rtheostrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahul
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach-1 6MT HP FJG
I used the Battery Tender brand. Connected the ring terminal to the fuse box, and the negative ring to strut tower. Tied the terminal to the passenger side of the fuse box. It looks really clean!

OP
OP

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Pulled the trigger on the CTEK charger and got the extension cord for the winter layup period. Connected to the battery cables and ran the short connector to the front of the battery box. It comes with a water proof end plug so I will keep it attached all the time. the extension cable connects and runs to the sharp tip of the fender. I route it under the tip (over top of light). This allows the hood to be closed. The charger is great and very intuitive to use.
When I want to take it for a ride late fall before the first salting or in the spring, I'll remove the extension cord and install the end plug and off I'll go. I'm using it for winter layup only. Works identical to the Harley trickle charger I have for the bike. Very happy.
Thanks to all for your input!

Sponsored

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
I’m using the Battery Tender 4.5 amp charger. I’m using the connector rings to the battery and using an Extended cable out my from grille near headlight so the hood doesn’t have To be open.

5BFCE54E-66E2-4806-83B8-30C58527AE5B.jpeg

ECSIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
This video may have been posted before on the forum, but I am interested in current opinions of the installation it shows. I already have the complete CTEK Multi US 7002 kit
which includes all the wiring and connectors needed for such an install. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Hook it up like he shows in the vid. Fuse box and shock tower.

Sponsored

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
Allow me to break up the monotony and say I have my charger connection to the battery terminals. I've read about the fuse box and chassis ground - but I've been doing this for years - though I can still learn.

Does it really matter, and if it does, which is best. I've read so much about the PCM or BCM reading signals after 8 hours or whatever and it's always worked for me.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
I still think it's odd how I had to disconnect my battery from the car in order for my smart chargers (a NOCO and a Schumacher?) to stop thinking my battery was bad.

Tib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Been using Battery Tenders on all my motorcycles for years. Since the Mustang sits in the winter...same.
Sponsored