Sponsored

Transporting your Mustang

kwbasshamjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1, '16 F150 XLT 4WD 5.0
Has anyone had their car transported? In my case, I may be purchasing a car way out of town and would rather the car be put on a truck instead of driving home myself. If you have, who did you use and who do you trust? And what kind of money are we talking about? I've seen online quotes of between $400 - $900. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

paul_g

You get what you pay for, meaning open trailer vs enclosed, how the cars are loaded unloaded and rates will vary depending upon time of year... Certain months have higher demand.

When moving my two stangs across country, I used Intercity. Enclosed, flat lift-able ramp, one driver who is bonded and stays with the vehicle/truck as it’s a sleeper cab. The rate however for 2900 miles was twice the amount of your high end that you want to pay, per vehicle.

https://intercitylines.com/

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Last Friday I purchased a Mustang GT brand new with 8 miles on the odometer that was 800+ miles away. I priced out Intercity and reliable transport which are covered trucks and the rate was between $1700-2000. The dealer mentioned he could probably get an open trailer for around $900-1000. I chose to buy some Tracwrap, drive my trade in 800 miles, buy the car, wrap the front end with plastic and do my break in on the way home. 4 days later I have 900 miles on my car, saved a ton of cash, got a tax break on my trade in and enjoyed the car.

Deleted member 35786

That is expensive. Go to uship.com, create an account and put in what you want, from where to where and companys will send you bids. I had mine shipped last summer 400 miles on an open trailer for just under $400. Not one scratch so no worries.
See attached pic when car arrived. The hauler was a retired police officer and this was something he does to keep him busy. And he went over my car like a fine tooth comb upon pickup.
I have had great experience with Uship.com, highly recommend them.
If you need more info pm me and I can help you out.
car trailer.jpg

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I bought my car from an out of state dealer - quoted price was $1 per mile, and it got here (1000 miles away) without incident. I think they do the same thing as uship - they put in a bid, get offers, and off the car goes. I talked to the driver when he dropped the car off at my house. This was one of several drops he was making in the area.

Sponsored

Luke5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I believe the one I used was United Auto transport. My shipping cost was negotiated into the cars final sale price but i believe it was $400-500 and they brought it on an 18 wheeler. 750 miles away from me.

OP
OP

kwbasshamjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1, '16 F150 XLT 4WD 5.0
Last Friday I purchased a Mustang GT brand new with 8 miles on the odometer that was 800+ miles away. I priced out Intercity and reliable transport which are covered trucks and the rate was between $1700-2000. The dealer mentioned he could probably get an open trailer for around $900-1000. I chose to buy some Tracwrap, drive my trade in 800 miles, buy the car, wrap the front end with plastic and do my break in on the way home. 4 days later I have 900 miles on my car, saved a ton of cash, got a tax break on my trade in and enjoyed the car.
@slowrey what did you do for your break-in routine on your drive home? I've got a 400 mile drive home from the dealership.

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
@slowrey what did you do for your break-in routine on your drive home? I've got a 400 mile drive home from the dealership.
@kwbasshamjr what I did was vary my speed on the interstate and didn't rev over 4k, and took frequent breaks. All it all it took more time to get home but was more leisurely considering I drove 1700 miles in 3 days :)

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
...I may be purchasing a car way out of town and would rather the car be put on a truck instead of driving home myself....
I'll never understand this.

I would consider it a pleasure to buy a car in California and drive it home all the way across the country.

It's sorta....like....the point to being into cars.

And as far as breaking in a new engine; you BEAT on them. Rev the nuts off them, accelerate hard, then cruise for awhile. Then red-line it, then back off, then max acceleration, then cruise a bit.

The more you do that, the healthier your engine will be.
Sponsored