OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Typically it delivers in 2-3 days.
Man that was fast!! I got it in like a business days that’s awesome. Question, so do I just put the white pump into and just pump the whole 2.8 quarts into the tranny? Till the pump doesn’t pump anymore right
Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
No. You will use most of it, but not all. There should be very explicit instructions included with the kit. It includes a large zip tie with a bend in it to check the fluid as it nears the top. If it is overfilled it will puke some fluid out the vent valve on the top left of the transmission.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
No. You will use most of it, but not all. There should be very explicit instructions included with the kit. It includes a large zip tie with a bend in it to check the fluid as it nears the top. If it is overfilled it will puke some fluid out the vent valve on the top left of the transmission.
Cool I’ll check it out haven’t had time to look at the box

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
This Hybrid fluid is probably the best kept secret sauce. It meets Ford spec. WSS-M2C-200-D2 and beats Pentosin FFL-4 on the track.

https://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/multi-dctf

Yeah its in my MT-82 and I like it.
This is what I'm going with. I've used this product before in a different application and was very happy with it.
Bought 12 ltrs to get it cheaper. Stuff is expensive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Thinner? its a 75W-80 grade oil.

You do realize the notchiness is caused by poor shifting which in turn causes wear and damage? Redline does not recommend any of their products for the MT82, Amsoil does not recommend any products for the MT82.
Do you have a copy of the instruction on how to refil the tranny oil. I seem to have thrown mine away

alanpv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium
I've been a BG SS II user for a long time on many gearbox fluid swaps, No knocking BG SS II from me !!!
When Getrag / Ford spec. a modern DCTF oil, I listen.
Motul Multi DCTF is a hybrid group V blend, currently there's nothing else like it.
Red Line DCTF has positive feedback but its CSt's are on the high side for cold climate users and doesn't have Ford spec. WSS-M2C-200-D2 listed.
Does it feel as good as the BGSSII?

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Well after some miles in the new oil I can report some on it. Honestly I didn’t feel a difference, company was fast to ship! I loved that, I just hope that even though I didn’t feel any difference it’s protecting my transmission better than the original oil in there. That’s all I hope but probably won’t really now.

alanpv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium
Well after some miles in the new oil I can report some on it. Honestly I didn’t feel a difference, company was fast to ship! I loved that, I just hope that even though I didn’t feel any difference it’s protecting my transmission better than the original oil in there. That’s all I hope but probably won’t really now.
You went with the BGSSII right? I'm thinking of going with the Motul DCTF for mine.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Does it feel as good as the BGSSII?
PM’ed you.
The short answer is I went straight from OEM fill to Motul Multi DCTF.
Yes, there is a noticeable initial improvement, honestly the shifting has continued to improve with a few weeks worth of daily use.
It’s a Euro oil so you all know their Synthetic classifications are held to higher standards than North American API .

Last edited:

Sponsored

alanpv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium
PM’ed you.
The short answer is I went straight from OEM fill to Motul Multi DCTF.
Yes, there is a noticeable initial improvement, honestly the shifting has continued to improve with a months worth of daily use.
It’s a Euro oil so you all know their Synthetic classifications are held to higher standards than North American API .
Thanks Greg,

I replied to your PM last week. I’m gonna go with the Motul Multi DCTF.

OP
OP

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
You went with the BGSSII right? I'm thinking of going with the Motul DCTF for mine.
i believe that what i got synchromesh 2. it feels bout the same, but i like i said i just hope it protects my transmission vetter tan oem oil at the track

pontiac69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Edition
I Am looking to also go BG SS2. I saw a video on YouTube that says to contact Optimum Perfomance for a discount code for M6G members.
Sponsored