Transferring Ford ESP

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
The original owner of my GT350 purchased a 5 year, 75k mile Ford PremiumCARE extended warranty for it. I can see on the Oasis report that it’s still active and I can see the prior owner’s name. The warranty was purchased 12/30/2020. The car was then traded in to a Chevrolet dealer a week later. I purchased it from an Audi dealer 8 months after that.

Is the ESP eligible to transfer if I can find the original owner to do it? (I read somewhere that “A transfer must be initiated within 180 days of the vehicle sale/title transfer, effective 2015 plan year – except Premium Maintenance Plans that can be transferred anytime during plan coverage.” If that’s true, might be too late.)

If I can’t find the original owner, is there any other way to transfer it, such as a friendly service tech updating the name in the system?

Any suggestions are welcome. It would be such a waste to pay $2485 to buy a second, similar ESP (which I plan to do if necessary) when someone has already paid for one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
The original owner of my GT350 purchased a 5 year, 75k mile Ford PremiumCARE extended warranty for it. I can see on the Oasis report that it’s still active and I can see the prior owner’s name. The warranty was purchased 12/30/2020. The car was then traded in to a Chevrolet dealer a week later. I purchased it from an Audi dealer 8 months after that.

Is the ESP eligible to transfer if I can find the original owner to do it? (I read somewhere that “A transfer must be initiated within 180 days of the vehicle sale/title transfer, effective 2015 plan year – except Premium Maintenance Plans that can be transferred anytime during plan coverage.” If that’s true, might be too late.)

If I can’t find the original owner, is there any other way to transfer it, such as a friendly service tech updating the name in the system?

Any suggestions are welcome. It would be such a waste to pay $2485 to buy a second, similar ESP (which I plan to do if necessary) when someone has already paid for one.
Yes the original owner can transfer it, you can contact any of the popular online sellers, (i prefer Lombard). They have a form and a small admin fee must be paid. Again this can only be done with the original owner (you should pay the fee of course its likes 50 bucks).

OP
OP
Mr. Maboomba

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
I just have to find the original owner… (I bought it from the second owner who bought it from a dealer) Might be SOL

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I just have to find the original owner… (I bought it from the second owner who bought it from a dealer) Might be SOL
contact the chevy dealer? Otherwise u can still purchase ESP after a local dealer checks over the car. I did that 4 years in because the evap is garbage.
Sponsored