svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
So I did the whole hood and front bumper multiple coats, first third of the roof and windshield pillars, front half of front fenders, in front, back and around the rear fenders and the wing and side mirrors. As long as it doesn't rain track days I feel pretty good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
svassh

svassh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Performance Blue Metallic
Thought I would report back on how this worked out: https://www.amazon.com/Road-Warrior...5535&sprefix=road+warrior+plus,aps,210&sr=8-2

So my track day ended up being a rainy day with thunderstorms. While you are not intended to use this is the rain it held up well. Paint was well protected and removal with a pressure washer was really easy. When it was wet it did lose its transparency and went back to the milky color it was when applied, it drys clear.

Overall recommend it and will use it again.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Thought I would report back on how this worked out: https://www.amazon.com/Road-Warrior-Plus-Paint-Protection/dp/B01MU4VNGZ/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3ULOD7HKGGO6E&dchild=1&keywords=road+warrior+plus+paint+protection+film&qid=1616895535&sprefix=road+warrior+plus,aps,210&sr=8-2

So my track day ended up being a rainy day with thunderstorms. While you are not intended to use this is the rain it held up well. Paint was well protected and removal with a pressure washer was really easy. When it was wet it did lose its transparency and went back to the milky color it was when applied, it drys clear.

Overall recommend it and will use it again.
I used this stuff as well recently and was mostly happy with the results. First time application was a bit sloppy but after washing and the removal process I’ll likely have a more efficient approach to applying this. Overall I was happy with the protection of 2 layers, but I wasn’t encountering much traffic on the track either. If given a choice I personally would use it again vs Trakk Tape.

Sponsored

GT350forme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 HE CFTP
Congrats, were you leaning towards one way? I can see shipping it with a 400 mile trip. I have trade in so driving it there and car back. Plus 200 miles lets me break it in on back roads to vary RPM and get used to car. I'm leaning to just painters tape and double layer up on main impact areas and hope for the best. Because of quick access, cost and application speed. Although I'm looking more into TrakkTape and it seems like it would work just as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
bumping this thread. any updated users of track tape, track armour, road warrior for protecting new car driving 400+ miles? which would be easiest to apply at the dealer before heading out same day?
I recall leaving trakk tape on for almost a year waiting to get one of my cars FFFd. There is no issue with long term trakk tape use.

misuracaf10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
I used Track Armour to protect my car on its drive home from the dealership ~200 miles away and removed it later the same day. I will never use it again - required clay bar treatment to get all the residue fully off (so it took longer to get it off than to apply)...while I didn't get rained on, there was some dampness/wet on the road on the drive home from earlier rain which may have contributed to it being too sticky. If you put it on your stripes, I would imagine your stripes will pull off as well. I didn't thankfully (used blue non-residue painters tape). I would just use painters tape and double it up if need be, particularly over stripes and paint protection film...my two cents...
they do recommend applying a wax before installation, maybe that was causing the issue and for it to stick onto your paint? is everyone else waxing or applying some sort of coating before installing track tape? I have my first track day this weekend and want to make sure its done right
Sponsored