Sponsored

Trade Mach 1 for base 2024 Corvette MSRP $67,895.

OP
OP
kellyreno

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Nice, insightful observations Thumpa. Not a track guy(yet)? Finding more and more C8 options at MSRP. It could be the wrong motivation but a big factor of the shine coming off of my Mach 1 is the ongoing issues with my dealer/service. Responses like "they all do that" or "it's because of the tight suspension" don't cut it with a $56,000 sports car. When I point out these issues were not present when new I get the "all cars have their quirks/idiosyncrasies as they age". Really, at 8,000 miles? How many, or how severe will these be at +20,000 miles? While I know all about escalation to resolve issues (all too well) I think at this time I am lacking the energy/perseverance with no guarantee of success. I have one other dealer in my small town to try. How much will they be willing to help having not made any money from me? I did consider the C8 prior to buying the Mach last April. The price point and entry/exit issues precluded a test drive. Drove the Mach and bought it on my first car buying trip. Now having driven the vette my thought process is, how many times do I get in/out of a car driven 5,000 miles a year. The price is fine after plunking down $$$ for the Ford. Waiting for a call from another chevy dealer now. As Bruce Hornsby sang "That's just the way it is"
Just got off the phone with the Chevy dealer. Looking at an order, $1000 deposit, pickup at the factory. I have to decide on options. I know magnetic shocks $1900 and performance exhaust $1200 are a must. May spring for yellow paint $500 and perhaps the racing graphics package. I do not like the dull finish on the hood stripe. Same as the Mach, lol. $75,080.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just got off the phone with the Chevy dealer. Looking at an order, $1000 deposit, pickup at the factory. I have to decide on options. I know magnetic shocks $1900 and performance exhaust $1200 are a must. May spring for yellow paint $500 and perhaps the racing graphics package. I do not like the dull finish on the hood stripe. Same as the Mach, lol. $75,080.
I’ve seen the yellow in person on the C8, it’s pretty awesome. Good choice on the museum delivery, it’s really cool. They do it out in the main area of the museum so everyone walking in and out will get to see the car (and you lol). White glove treatment, it’s really cool. Congrats!

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I’m actually considering the same move from my 23 Mach to a C8. Can’t help it, I like the platform but the automatic is the one thing that has held me back a bit.

IMG_8373.jpeg

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Best of luck. I can’t comment on whether or not this is a great idea. As long as you are happy moving into the Vette is all that really matters. I do think it is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison. The two platforms could hardly be more different so I’m thinking the experience will be too. The Vette really turns heads. Enjoy the Hell Out of it!

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I’m actually considering the same move from my 23 Mach to a C8. Can’t help it, I like the platform but the automatic is the one thing that has held me back a bit.
I had the same issue too. Now I think I want the heritage edition GT350 because I like the manual.
IMG_8373.jpeg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I felt the same way until I saw it in orange. 😎 And the photo doesn't do it justice like in person.
1698188553812.png
Oh, I think it does just fine.

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
The sad part is how undervalued the mach1’s seem to be blue book wise. Another reason I am still sitting on it. I love the car but surprised how fast they have declined in value.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
The sad part is how undervalued the mach1’s seem to be blue book wise. Another reason I am still sitting on it. I love the car but surprised how fast they have declined in value.
I assume it's the new model year S650 which in IMHO is like splitting hairs compared to the Mach1. I must say it's very disappointing but in time I feel like the Mach 1 will regain value. 🙂

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Do it!

The Mustang is a completely different car from the C8. Personally, the M1 will be way more special than a standard C8.

That said, that is just my opinion, and you shouldn't let it sway your decision. IMO, if you are not doing a dedicated track car set up, mag ride is a must. And there are so many tuners out there for the C8, if you ever wanted to get crazy with it, there will be more than enough R&D to go TT reliably. You know, if you need 1000 hp. :wink:

Sponsored
OP
OP
kellyreno

kellyreno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
C8 Z06 just sold at Mecum Las Vegas for $240k…
Just heard GM will not transfer warranty on a Z06 prior to a 6 month retention policy. Has to be hurting sales. Wonder how many have blown up?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just heard GM will not transfer warranty on a Z06 prior to a 6 month retention policy. Has to be hurting sales. Wonder how many have blown up?
I’m not surprised. I’ve heard of some dealers having someone order the car then almost immediately trade it back in so the dealer can sell it used for big mark ups. Looks like GM is trying to stop that (and others from quick flipping these cars). Not sure I necessarily agree with it, let the market be what it will be. But, I can also understand that GM wants these cars with owners that truly want them and not just make a quick buck.

Im not sure I’d want one without a warranty, have heard of some people having issues. That LT6 and DCT are big $$ if you don’t have a warranty to backstop you.

Bush75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I’m flipping coins. Supercharger on the mach1 or a new C8. I do like the car so I’m leaning toward the blower but the c8 is on my mind.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand this logic. Those cars can't even be compared. Viper and Corvette can be compared, Mustang and Camaro can be compared, but not Mustang and Corvette. Or Mustang and Audi RS5. Or Mustang and Tesla Model 3.

Who wants power should get quattro, it can actually deliver the power to the ground, any surface, dry or wet. They completely smoke cars like RWD Mustangs. Even supercharged ones. Driving a Mustang is about something else.