Traction control: Yes or No?

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Sorry for yet another noob regarding the these GT 350's.

I'm curious who's using traction control and who isn't? And how do you use the car?

My 03 cobras TC is shut off through my tune. I'm very familiar with that car and it makes around 700 rwhp.

The little I've driven my GT 350 I've left it on and always drive in sport mode.

I only drive my cars in nice weather and mainly just cruising around with a little spirited driving.

Appreciate the help!
Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
I disable it on track but donā€™t bother on the street.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Unless you are wanting to do a burnout, there's no real reason to disable it on the street.

The system is really good and I leave stability control on even when autocrossing mine but do run it in race mode with the traction control off.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I see no reason to turn it off on the street.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
On the street, I always hold the TC button until everything is off. I've never had TC or Stability Control in any of my cars before and can't stand it when it kicks in on the street when I want to kick the back end out a little.

On track, I run Track Mode so it turns TC off but keeps the stability control on to keep me from getting too out of hand. When I get used to a specific track, I'll turn it off once in a while but when I'm really pushing it, I keep it on for some peace of mind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bdubbs

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
On the street, I always hold the TC button until everything is off. I've never had TC or Stability Control in any of my cars before and can't stand it when it kicks in on the street when I want to kick the back end out a little.

On track, I run Track Mode so it turns TC off but keeps the stability control on to keep me from getting too out of hand. When I get used to a specific track, I'll turn it off once in a while but when I'm really pushing it, I keep it on for some peace of mind.
This is me as well. I've never had it or used it on any of my other cars. At least with my other cars I feel more in control when the tires are spinning and I can feel how the car is responding.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Short, one word answer.
Depends šŸ˜‰
In your case, you sound like a ā€œdriverā€. Go play with the different settings.
Personally Iā€™m not a track guy but I love to play in the twisties. Sport mode is pretty good for meā€¦your results will vary.