Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys need help and advice I am 41 years old buying my dream car the shelby 350 2019 in Ford performance blue fully loaded. But has standard seat and NOT Recaro seats.
I have zero plans to take it on the ttrack ever, this is going to be weekend ride for pleasure, the sticker is 66k on the car with 2800 miles on it, I’m buying it for $55,500 plus tax and title.
Do I really need to get the Recaro seats? Seems like a million dollar question for me atleast. I love the car but the seats being stock was kinda making me hesitant about it.
please advise thanks 🙏🏼
Sponsored

mroad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP
I thought the stock seats are the Recaro seats. In my car, the non-Recaro leather seats were an option (LEATHER-TRIMMED SPORT SEATS $495.00). I sat in a car that has the Recaro, and for my build, they did pinch me a bit in the lower hips area. The leather seats look great and are very comfortable, but they will not hold you on place if you're pulling hard g turns. I felt I needed better bolstering/bucketing support.

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
What @mroad said, the standard seats are recaros, non power and not heated or cooled.

The optional seats are the recaro power heated cooled leather seats.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have Recaros now going on 4 years and have never regretted my decision. I am 6’ 1” and 190lbs. I too do not track my car, but do partake in spirited backroad driving and a dozen or so 4 hour trips with no fatigue. It is a weekend car with an occasional commute. I never considered the “sofa” seats because I felt they didn’t match the character of the car.

Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey Shawn, that appears to be a good find. While the Leather-trimmed Sport Seats are an upgrade, more importantly how did they feel when you sat in them. Have you had a chance to test drive it yet? For me Recaro’s were a deal breaker, had to have them. I track and they happen to fit me better. In my opinion also better looking. As much as I wanted to dislike the sport seat they were comfortable. So don’t let the seats deter you from a stellar car. You can’t lose with either really.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I had to have them in my car.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
The seats are dependent upon your use of car. Me being an old fart (now 76) when I had my new 16 and then 17 GT350 I had no intentions of tracking car. I'd sit in cars with both seats and those Recaros were just way to hard and uncomfortable for me, and no adjustment up and down just front and back. Both my cars had I insisted in the powered heated/cooled leather seats and I couldn't have been happier. Yes if your gonna track your car Recaros would be the way to go but if not I suggest you sit in both before you decide which to get. And not going with flow of car if not Recaros that's just b.s.

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
6' 190 lbs. Love the fit and feel of my Recaros. Hate that I don't have memory seat position and an easy out option. As far as a heated/cooled option in the R...not really necessary so I'm indifferent.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Age old question and many threads on this. Buy what you are comfortable with. I believe by the time the 2019’s came out the non-Recaro sofa seat outnumbered the Recaro.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
The seats are dependent upon your use of car. Me being an old fart (now 76) when I had my new 16 and then 17 GT350 I had no intentions of tracking car. I'd sit in cars with both seats and those Recaros were just way to hard and uncomfortable for me, and no adjustment up and down just front and back. Both my cars had I insisted in the powered heated/cooled leather seats and I couldn't have been happier. Yes if your gonna track your car Recaros would be the way to go but if not I suggest you sit in both before you decide which to get. And not going with flow of car if not Recaros that's just b.s.
I agree as I'm 59, back problems, and being short, the extra comfort of the optional seats is what I needed. I sat in both, and the Recaro seats did not adjust enough for me to comfortably sit in the car. They don't adjust upwards like the optional seats. And with the memory positions, and heated/cooling controls, it's just what I needed.
Sponsored